Longines Legend L888.2
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Jezza
  • 1 Post By Jezza

Thread: Longines Legend L888.2

None of these pics do it justice, but it’s just a really fun watch to wear.

More to follow, but this is my new Longines. The lugs really push my 6.7” wrists, but I love the watch. It looks fine at any normal distance.

This is the newer L3.774.4.50.6 version. I remember when Longines introduced the black Heritage Diver. I thought: “too bad Longines didn’t put the new movement in the regular SS version.” Fast forward a year later and Longines quietly killed the L3.674.4.50.6 reference number and issued the L3.774.4.50.6 utilizing the newer L888.2 movement. This is the same movement found in the ceramic-bezel Hydroconquest models: free-sprung balance, 3.5hz, 64hr power reserve. I haven’t owned it long enough to measure the accuracy, but I expect it will be more than acceptable.

Last edited by Jezza; April 15th, 2019 at 16:53.
    ChronoB, Sugman, b.watcher and 2 others like this.

So, after four days of wear, the L888.2 is at +3.5 seconds per day. Even if this watch was a Chronometer, I’d be more than satisfied. That’s daily wear plus a winder at night. It’s not necessary to put the watch on a wonder at night, but I did it just to sort of negate any positional influence on the rate.
    b.watcher likes this.

Re: Longines Legend L888.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    None of these pics do it justice, but it’s just a really fun watch to wear.

More to follow, but this is my new Longines. The lugs really push my 6.7” wrists, but I love the watch. It looks fine at any normal distance.

This is the newer L3.774.4.50.6 version. I remember when Longines introduced the black Heritage Diver. I thought: “too bad Longines didn’t put the new movement in the regular SS version.” Fast forward a year later and Longines quietly killed the L3.674.4.50.6 reference number and issued the L3.774.4.50.6 utilizing the newer L888.2 movement. This is the same movement found in the ceramic-bezel Hydroconquest models: free-sprung balance, 3.5hz, 64hr power reserve. I haven’t owned it long enough to measure the accuracy, but I expect it will be more than acceptable.

Fantastic watch indeed. I have mine since january. The new movement and the mesh braclet really won me over. Mine s running also at quite steady +2 seconds a day. An absolute keeper and pure class. Congratulation to your purchase and wear it in good health my friend!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch, OP. Looks great on ya too.
    IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.

I have seen dealer listed the movement as L619/888. So is itL888, L619 or L619/888?

Quote Originally Posted by tention View Post
    I have seen dealer listed the movement as L619/888. So is itL888, L619 or L619/888?
    The movement is a 888.2. The 619 is essentially the 2892A2. I’m not sure why Longines uses both numbers, aside from the fact the movements are both the same size. The previous version of the Longines Heritage used an ETA 2824-based movement.

Great watch. Very nearly got one but fell for the alpina seastron heritage
    Rolex Submariner 16610L 50th Anniversary

Steinhart Nav B Uhr Limited Silver Edition(for sale)

Great model . Personally prefer non date version.

I found the new number thing super confusing. Even on the longines site they have this watch on bracelet with old and new movement. Thank gosh I ordered the correct one! Coming next week WOOT! 65 hours is more than any of my 10k watches lol. All 48.

Btw the price is the EXACT same for the old movement..so weird!
    PanoMaticLunar + Omega Mark iI + Meister Telemeter + DA36 + Tropik SS + Zelos

Thread Information