LONGINES Model Identification...?

Thread: LONGINES Model Identification...?

c-h

LONGINES Model Identification...?

Can anyone help me identify the model name/number of this Longines watch? I've had it since the mid-1990's if that helps.

I also need some leads as to where to get some additional links as I've found nothing on ebay... :(

Thank you!

Name:  IMG_6643.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  94.1 KB

Re: LONGINES Model Identification...?

You need to open the back ! inside there will be some case ref no and movement cal and serial number . once you have these you can open a account at Longines .com go to there heritage/ museum section and apply vfor the history of your watch with pics and these numbers !

They will tell you as much info, that they have available for that watch , all free of charge !! Great service .

cant help with links my only suggestion is to keep looking on ebay or other sites to see if you can buy a bracelet.

c-h

Thank you for your reply! Quick question... does the back cover pop off with a knife blade or does it screw off? How do I go about screwing it off without any equipment? Thank you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by c-h View Post
    Thank you for your reply! Quick question... does the back cover pop off with a knife blade or does it screw off? How do I go about screwing it off without any equipment? Thank you!
    Taking a look at the pic of your watch it looks like a snap off caseback. Screw casebacks usually have a thicker case.
    Yes a thin knife blade, a cutter and the like will pop the caseback off, I recommend putting a think layer of plastic on the blade to avoid scratching the caseback when opening it.

c-h

Ok , thanks... I was able to pop it off

It appears that CKW2518 is stamped beneath the cover itself. Inside the back of the watch itself has several numbers: L156.4 as well as a square shape with 1487 and 2118 underneath it. There's also what I think is 255.411 stamped on the gold metal section near the perimeter. It's hard to determine the model number from all of these numbers. I did a Google search and nothing came up...

Per your suggestion, I'll be contacting Longines next... Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by c-h; 8 Hours Ago at 18:03.

Thread Information