Longines Record- 1950- 1970 Advice or opinion.

Thread: Longines Record- 1950- 1970 Advice or opinion.

Longines Record- 1950- 1970 Advice or opinion.

I'm pretty new to Longines. I own an early 40s tank which I like very much, but have taken a liking to the Longines Record models.
    There are two I'm looking at- a 1950-60 (advertised) model with date (calibre 651) and a later 1960-70 without date (calibre 650).

Both look to be in similar condition, although the later (with bracelet) may be slightly better.

I've searched here (and in the vintage forum) and elsewhere but really can't find very much information at all on these models. Were the movements Longines or Record?

Can anyone give any advice or information on these, and perhaps which would be the better of the two? The early date model is the cheaper buy.

Name:  record1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  227.7 KBName:  record2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  232.2 KB

Name:  record3.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  289.7 KBName:  record 4.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  279.4 KB

Re: Longines Record- 1950- 1970 Advice or opinion.

Longines purchased Record watch company in the early 60s I believe . The Record movements were designed with Longines so technically they are in house Longines movements .

They are not as popular to collectors as Longines watches or movements. I would say that the oldest watch would more than likely be from early 60s not the 1950s as Record were a independent company at this time .

To me both those watches look to be from the late 60s or 70s , those cushion cases were the fashion back then.

Re: Longines Record- 1950- 1970 Advice or opinion.

Thanks for the info Robbo.

Thread Information