Editor’s note: One of the more interesting Instagram accounts I’ve followed in recent times is @adpatina, dedicated to sourcing (and selling) vintage watch ads. Clearly, I am not alone, as Ad Patina has graduated from Instagram and is now a fully fledged site and store. So, if you ever wanted to know what makes a good watch ad, or just want one to hang on the wall, read on …. So, how did you get into vintage watch ads? Ah, it all started when I was a teenager in the mid ’90s … I remember taping Rolex ads to my bedroom wall. The ads weren’t vintage, and, oddly, most of the models advertised weren’t ones I wanted to own. They were just random Rolex ads.(I even had Lady Datejust ads pinned up). It was less about the.actual watch, more about the.brand. You see,.I aspired to own a.Rolex, and.having these ads greet me as I entered my room —.looming over my head as I did homework, the last thing I saw before falling asleep —.served as a reminder and motivation to get good grades, work hard, stay out of trouble, so one day I’d be in a position to get one.…

The post 6 of the best vintage watch ads, according to @adpatina appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...