Anyone haz Mod Bug Repellent?

Thread: Anyone haz Mod Bug Repellent?

Anyone haz Mod Bug Repellent?

Ok, I am TRYING to avoid the mod bug, but you know how bugs get in the summer. But if I did get bit, I got so many questions like...
    I have read that once people change the bezel insert, they claim to have a wiggle when turning the bezel. Is that because they didnít use quality cement/glue to adhere it to the bezel?
    Can Seiko bezels and crystals fit our Ray/Mako watches?
    IF I end up changing the crystal on my watche(s), is the blue coating significant as to where itíll dim my lume in the dark?
    Do you do your own lume mods too or do you take to a horologist?
    IF I change my crystal did I compromise the 200m water resistance?
    Asking for a friend...where else could he go other than DLW to find part beautiful parts such as theirs?

I apologize in advance for all the noob questions.😬

Re: Anyone haz Mod Bug Repellent?

Marshall,

Bezels; Yobokies makes a direct replacement bezel for the Mako/Ray/Kamasu (MRK), One Second Closer (ebay), Namokies, Dagaz, Crystal Times all sell SKX bezels that will fit the MRK w/ a correctly sized gasket (look back in this thread, Dr. Da-Da determined the correct measurements). The previously mentioned sellers also carry SKX inserts.

Bezel back play; the click ring needs adjustment (I've posted this in this thread and other orient related threads within the past few days)

Crystal; MRK use a slightly smaller crystal, look at the Crystal Times site, they stock both flat and domed crystals. AR coating is available in different tints, none of which should affect the lume.

There are folks that can relume a watch, but the factory MRK lume is quite good and reluming is $$ and time consuming

Changing the watch crystal does compromise WR. The best way is to use a new gasket w/ the crystal. You would also replace the caseback gasket and crown/stem gaskets to insure best results. A pressure test is required to confirm WR.

Other mod part sellers is mentioned earlier, also search ebay for 'seiko mods'

Re: Anyone haz Mod Bug Repellent?

Quote Originally Posted by ^Gurthang54 View Post
    Marshall,

Bezels; Yobokies makes a direct replacement bezel for the Mako/Ray/Kamasu (MRK), One Second Closer (ebay), Namokies, Dagaz, Crystal Times all sell SKX bezels that will fit the MRK w/ a correctly sized gasket (look back in this thread, Dr. Da-Da determined the correct measurements). The previously mentioned sellers also carry SKX inserts.

Bezel back play; the click ring needs adjustment (I've posted this in this thread and other orient related threads within the past few days)

Crystal; MRK use a slightly smaller crystal, look at the Crystal Times site, they stock both flat and domed crystals. AR coating is available in different tints, none of which should affect the lume.

There are folks that can relume a watch, but the factory MRK lume is quite good and reluming is $$ and time consuming

Changing the watch crystal does compromise WR. The best way is to use a new gasket w/ the crystal. You would also replace the caseback gasket and crown/stem gaskets to insure best results. A pressure test is required to confirm WR.

Other mod part sellers is mentioned earlier, also search ebay for 'seiko mods'
    Thanks! I think Iím gonna adquiere a preowned one and practice with that. I would hate to compromise the WR on my personal ones.

Thread Information