WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Beyond frustrated with my Ray II right now.

981 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bodymassage 
#1 ·
I took in a blue Ray II in trade, and know that I got the very short end of the deal. I didn't know before I got it that it needs a new crystal because there are a couple chips near 6. I did know that it needs a new bezel gasket. Well the bezel popped off a couple hours ago, and I can't get it back on.

I've kind of got to the point where I don't even want to fool with it anymore. Frpm here out I will never again get a used watch. Just going to toss it into my junk drawer til I find a use for it now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
That's the risk you take buying used. I've had far more good experiences than bad, but I think if you buy used/trade enough, you'll surely run into an issue eventually.

The downside here is to fix the problem, the costs may be just as much as buying a new one.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
The Yobokies Mako/Ray bezel is a snap-in replacement. You can get other AM bezels to fit if you're willing to do some work. I have a Dr. Seikostain coin edge on my Ray II. I fabricated a wire bezel retainer from 0.02 SS wire, Check Dagaz or DLW for SKX gaskets. If you can find a competent watch repair shop order a Crystal Times DD or flat sapphire crystal for the Ray II. CT stocks a proven version for the Ray II.

#13 ·
I love tinkering with these kinds of things :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.