My first Orient (Triton)
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My first Orient (Triton)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Orient (Triton)

What a great watch!

I’m a fairly new collector with a soft spot for divers, particularly Seiko. I recently purchased a beautiful Seiko turtle that I really tried to enjoy, but just couldn’t fall in love with the large and very round case.

So I sold the turtle. And was left feeling like, “Now what?” I really had the itch for a new diver and unfortunately, the turtle failed to scratch it, so the itch remained.

So after MUCH research, on this forum and elsewhere, I decided to give Orient a try, deciding on the Triton. And damn... what a great watch! Comfortable, robust, and handsome, especially on the Strapcode angus jubilee (watch and bracelet ordered from Long Island Watch).

I am really impressed by Orient and this watch in particular and I owe this nice find to the good folks on WUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skyboss_4evr; 1 Week Ago at 08:01.
    ZoKet, apudabam, freqmgr88 and 3 others like this.

Re: My first Orient (Triton)

Congrats Skyboss,

Excellent choice for your first Orient. I will at some point have a Triton in blue. Of course what I'd really like is a Blue Triton w/ the gold bezel, what are the chances of ever finding a spare Triton bezel?

Enjoy it and make it earn it's keep.
    skyboss_4evr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by skyboss_4evr View Post
    What a great watch!

I’m a fairly new collector with a soft spot for divers, particularly Seiko. I recently purchased a beautiful Seiko turtle that I really tried to enjoy, but just couldn’t fall in love with the large and very round case.

So I sold the turtle. And was left feeling like, “Now what?” I really had the itch for a new diver and unfortunately, the turtle failed to scratch it, so the itch remained.

So after MUCH research, on this forum and elsewhere, I decided to give Orient a try, deciding on the Triton. And damn... what a great watch! Comfortable, robust, and handsome, especially on the Strapcode angus jubilee (watch and bracelet ordered from Long Island Watch).

I am really impressed by Orient and this watch in particular and I owe this nice find to the good folks on WUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! I too fell in love with the Triton/Strapcode Angus. HAGWE.

Name:  triton4.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  347.0 KB
    skyboss_4evr and Vito4cal like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  20190625_131447.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  2.11 MB
    skyboss_4evr likes this.

I have a blue Triton I bought about a year ago. I like it a lot and wear it very often, alternating between an Orient Star Classic. While the Triton started out very accurate, over the course of a year, it has become much less accurate compared to the Orient Star (about a month older than the Triton).

When I wear the Triton, it will often stay within +5 to +10 spd. When I rest it, either face up (to gain time) or 9 up (to lose time), it can go to +25 to -30 spd.

My OS Classic on the other hand is more stable and stays within +3 spd worn and generally +/- 5 spd resting either face up or 9 up. Both are a little over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
    I have a blue Triton I bought about a year ago. I like it a lot and wear it very often, alternating between an Orient Star Classic. While the Triton started out very accurate, over the course of a year, it has become much less accurate compared to the Orient Star (about a month older than the Triton).

When I wear the Triton, it will often stay within +5 to +10 spd. When I rest it, either face up (to gain time) or 9 up (to lose time), it can go to +25 to -30 spd.

My OS Classic on the other hand is more stable and stays within +3 spd worn and generally +/- 5 spd resting either face up or 9 up. Both are a little over a year old.
    They should have the same movement.

Try demagnitizing

I have a Turtle and I really love it, but perhaps I should look at the Triton. Not quite sure about Orient quality vs. Seiko - any thoughts out there ?

I have three Orients and they all are bullet proof.

No QC issues at all. Never having owned a Seiko I cannot comment on their quality.

My friends who have Seikos love them too and have had zero problems. Of course, they paid more for their Seikos than I did for my Orients.

~ John
    Orient Cosmos (ET0K003W)
    Orient Sun and Moon, Ver III (AK00003T)
    Long Island Watch Customized Ray II (AA02005D)
    Casio beater (MRW-200H-1BV)

I have three Orients and they all are bullet proof. No QC issues at all.

Never having owned a Seiko I cannot comment on their quality.

My friends who have Seikos love them too and have had zero problems. Of course, they paid more for their Seikos than I did for my Orients.

~ John
    Orient Cosmos (ET0K003W)
    Orient Sun and Moon, Ver III (AK00003T)
    Long Island Watch Customized Ray II (AA02005D)
    Casio beater (MRW-200H-1BV)

Quote Originally Posted by apudabam View Post
    They should have the same movement.

Try demagnitizing
    Actually, they are not the same movement. The Triton uses the movement from the OSD, THE 40N5A. The Orient Star Classic has the 40N50. Maybe those numbers are close enough to indicate similar movements. Maybe they’re the same except the Triton includes shock resistance the Classic doesn’t have? Not sure.

I’ve considered demagnetizing. But they’ve lived in pretty much the same environment so not sure why one would be affected but not the other.

i don’t have a demagnetizer. Is that something worth buying vs having a watchmaker do it for me? No clue what the costs would be either way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information