Triton
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Triton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by prokhmer; June 7th, 2019 at 14:54.

Re: Triton

Nice shot

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Great pic Prok, any updates on finding bits for your Triton? I folded on getting a Triton for the moment, missed a REALLY sweet deal on a used Triton (sold about 5 minutes before I spotted it on WatchRecon). Then to really frost me, I found a minty M Force SEL0A series for ridiculous money but owner was slow in replying so I decided he must have already sold it. He was asking way below current used market price. My loss..... picked up a Helm Komodo. I'll save up and look for a Triton around the holidays.

Keep us posted about your Triton adventures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice pic. I have the black Titan in the mail.

Nice shot!
    Also interested in any bits you may have found a source for.

My Triton just shipped out today. Also ordered the angus jubille bracelet to go with it.
    skyboss_4evr likes this.

Name:  20190625_131447.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  2.11 MB

Just got this Friday and I am thoroughly impressed on how solid it feels plus the QC is excellent. The bezel action is a little tight but its smooth at the same time. No issues with alignment like so many Seiko divers. The accuracy is excellent on this one. I'm running about -1 sec a day on and off wrist. I purchased the strapcode angus jubilee to go with it as the original bracelet was reported to be of lesser quality than the watch head. I can honestly say that even though I am very impressed with the strapcode, I would have been happy to leave the oem bracelet on.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserfan View Post
    Just got this Friday and I am thoroughly impressed on how solid it feels plus the QC is excellent. The bezel action is a little tight but its smooth at the same time. No issues with alignment like so many Seiko divers. The accuracy is excellent on this one. I'm running about -1 sec a day on and off wrist. I purchased the strapcode angus jubilee to go with it as the original bracelet was reported to be of lesser quality than the watch head. I can honestly say that even though I am very impressed with the strapcode, I would have been happy to leave the oem bracelet on.
    I've been rocking a Triton for about a year now. It's my only diver (decided to sell my second diver just last night), and it'll be my last diver.

Been thinking about the Angus-J as well, but I have it for the SARB033 and it's not that great. The stock bracelet for the Triton is pretty good. Only thing I would recommend is to put a better spring bar in the OEM clasp right out of the box. Mine never caused any problems, but it pops out way too easily, based on my experience with other watches. So I replaced it with something more robust.

I've emailed Strapcode about it a few times, but man, the Triton would kick royal ass with the Hexad. I put a Helm SS2 on my Triton using OEM end links and it looks like a freakin tank now. Only thing is it required getting different spring bars for the final link (0.8mm thickness), and there's an ever so slight gap between the end link and the first link of the Helm. But a perfectly integrated solid endlink and the Hexad style on the Triton would be phenomenal. I like my Helm on it, but Strapcode could engineer and machine a near-perfect fit, and I would easily drop the cash for it. I see Hexads on other people's Seiko's and to me it's clearly more "meaty" and "buff" than a quasi-dainty looking Jubilee. I want my divers to have that "Get the hell out of my way" look, not that "fine jewelry" look. The Angus borders on the latter, not the former. The Hexad though... that thing is so badass. C'mon Strapcode, DO IT!!!!
    Last edited by Dan T.; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:27. Reason: added hyperlink to Helm SS2
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T. View Post
    I've been rocking a Triton for about a year now. It's my only diver (decided to sell my second diver just last night), and it'll be my last diver.

Been thinking about the Angus-J as well, but I have it for the SARB033 and it's not that great. The stock bracelet for the Triton is pretty good. Only thing I would recommend is to put a better spring bar in the OEM clasp right out of the box. Mine never caused any problems, but it pops out way too easily, based on my experience with other watches. So I replaced it with something more robust.

I've emailed Strapcode about it a few times, but man, the Triton would kick royal ass with the Hexad. I put a Helm SS2 on my Triton using OEM end links and it looks like a freakin tank now. Only thing is it required getting different spring bars for the final link (0.8mm thickness), and there's an ever so slight gap between the end link and the first link of the Helm. But a perfectly integrated solid endlink and the Hexad style on the Triton would be phenomenal. I like my Helm on it, but Strapcode could engineer and machine a near-perfect fit, and I would easily drop the cash for it. I see Hexads on other people's Seiko's and to me it's clearly more "meaty" and "buff" than a quasi-dainty looking Jubilee. I want my divers to have that "Get the hell out of my way" look, not that "fine jewelry" look. The Angus borders on the latter, not the former. The Hexad though... that thing is so badass. C'mon Strapcode, DO IT!!!!
    The hexad would be cool but the Jubilee does a nice job too.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserfan View Post
    The hexad would be cool but the Jubilee does a nice job too.
    Maybe the Super, but the Angus to me is over the top. I also don't like divers that have an overly "jewelry" look to them. Then you have the notorious "jingle-jangle" that jubilees are known for, etc. Anyway, the Hexad would hit the spot.

I'm not even sure Strapcode is calling it "Jubilee" anymore, at least state-side. Looks like they told Marc at LIW that they got a nastygram from Rolex's lawyers with a C&D mandate for using the names "Oyster," "Jubilee," and "President" to describe their bracelets. So over at LIW it says "Angus-J" or whatever. They probably should have gone the route that Watchgecko took - just come up with your own name, like "Kirkstead," "Ellipse," etc. Oh well.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information