YALAQ - Yet Another Lift Angle Question: Orient 46D40 (Futura Calendra SEU07005BX)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Armenian

Thread: YALAQ - Yet Another Lift Angle Question: Orient 46D40 (Futura Calendra SEU07005BX)

YALAQ - Yet Another Lift Angle Question: Orient 46D40 (Futura Calendra SEU07005BX)

Does anyone know the lift angle for the Orient 46D40 movement?

Background... I'm putting my new Ace Timer No. 1000 Timegrapher through its paces, making a nifty little chart for all my watches. But I got stumped by the only Orient in my collection, a recently acquired Futura Calendra SEU07005BX. She's a beauty. I got it because I wanted an Orient to sit alongside my Seiko's (and now I just need a Citizen to round out my Japanese collection). I read somewhere that Orient was famed for their perpetual calendars. Plus I love a slide-rule bezel. Plus it's gorgeous. Plus it was (and is) on sale dirt cheap at DutyFreeIsland. It's a discontinued model: get 'em while they last.
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  11.7 KB

Try as I might, using all my considerable google powers (clicking every website returned), I simply cannot find the lift angle of this watch's movement. The only thing that came close is a few ebay auctions (believe it or not) where there was a bunch of gobbledygook in the description that seemed to indicate a lift angle of 51 degrees, but that's hardly a trustworthy source. I tried the Orient website for the watch, too, but didn't find it there. Seiko has spec sheets for their movements floating around, but I didn't find anything comparable from Orient, just this manual. I found this disassembly guide on WUS but it doesn't say anything about the lift angle, alas. It may be listed somewhere under 46D instead of 46D40. And the watch may be listed as either model SEU07005BX or FEU07005BX or CEU07005B. But I have come up empty handed, so I'm begging...

Do any of the experts here know what the lift angle is on this beauty, the Orient 46D40 movement?

Re: YALAQ - Yet Another Lift Angle Question: Orient 46D40 (Futura Calendra SEU07005BX)

Yesterday I emailed [email protected] and asked them. No answer yet, but there's still hope.

Orient won't answer the question. Could they have misunderstood me?

On the plus side Orient did get back to me. But somewhat incredibly they claimed that it was nothing they would release to the public. Here is the full text of the communication...

MY QUERY:
    Greetings. I have a Futura Calendra (SEU07005BX) watch. The movement is listed as 46D in the manual. I would like to measure its amplitude on my new Timegrapher 1000, but I need to know the lift angle. Can anyone tell me the lift angle for the 46D movement? Thank you.

ORIENT'S RESPONSE:
    Dear Sir, Thank you for your mail. Regret to inform you that any measurement and information related to construction is not released into public. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Best Regards, ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD. ORIENT WATCH

Well, it's nice to get a reply. And I guess this explains why it has proven impossible to find this information on the 'net.

Now it's a challenge to WUS. Can anyone answer this question?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: YALAQ - Yet Another Lift Angle Question: Orient 46D40 (Futura Calendra SEU07005BX)

I'd try calling their service department instead of general help. Customer services probably doesn't know what your asking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ShaggyDog likes this.

Well... I bought this grey market, from DutyFreeIsland. I don't see a phone number on Orient's corporate website, I don't have international long distance phone service (Ooma) and I don't speak Japanese. But I feel guilty calling Orient-USA when I didn't buy the watch from an AD.

p.s. Does anyone know the lift angle on an Orient 46D movement? I'm reduced to begging. If anyone knows, please respond by PM or on my WUS post here so I can change this stupid signature.

Thread Information