Availability of Reverso Tribute Small Seconds with Burgundy Dial?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Availability of Reverso Tribute Small Seconds with Burgundy Dial?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Availability of Reverso Tribute Small Seconds with Burgundy Dial?

Has anyone seen one of the new red-burgundy faced Reversos in the metal? Also, does anyone know if this is a boutique only watch?

A local AD has the Tribute Small Seconds with a blue face but does not have one with the red face. I love the blue face, and that model fits my small wrist just fine, but the burgundy face really intrigues me. When I asked if he could get one in for me to look at so I could compare the two, he initially tried to talk me out of it saying the blue would look better on me and the red is a bit feminine, and then when I pushed him, he said he thought the red faced version might be a boutique only watch.

I think he might be right about the blue being a better choice for me, but unless I can compare how the two look on my wrist, I'm not inclined to get either.

So, I'm not sure if he's playing me to sell existing inventory, or if he is being a bit lazy, or if he just cannot get the burgundy to his store.

Thoughts?

Re: Availability of Reverso Tribute Small Seconds with Burgundy Dial?

The burgundy is boutique only (and sold out at all of them). It fits exactly like the blue dial tribute, exact same watch except color.

I had a guy tell me that he wouldn't order it because it wasn't impressive in real life. Then I found out it was boutique only and it made me not trust the guys advice which was too bad because I was going to buy a piece from them that weekend. I'm weird that way. I did see the blue tribute there and was stunned at it's beauty.

Anyhoo-check the salesboard here. A fellow in Florida is selling a new one if you really just have it. I don't blame you, I almost pulled the trigger on one myself.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki likes this.

Is the one available for purchase from the JLC website not the same one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They have only one in the whole company and its in LV. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Not to derail the discussion, but do you think it would be possible to order the burgundy CF strap for a different Reverso? I once tried to request an alligator strap for my classic medium small seconds in the same shade of blue as the Tribute Moon and they (JLC boutique in NY) ultimately told me it wasn’t possible...

Quote Originally Posted by tredstone View Post
    Not to derail the discussion, but do you think it would be possible to order the burgundy CF strap for a different Reverso? I once tried to request an alligator strap for my classic medium small seconds in the same shade of blue as the Tribute Moon and they (JLC boutique in NY) ultimately told me it wasn’t possible...

I can answer this for you. They won't do it. At least told me they couldn't. You can order directly from CF is my understanding.

tredstone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by indygreg View Post
    They have only one in the whole company and its in LV. :)

Where did you get this information from? Why would they have produced a single unit?

They didn't make just one. I'm saying only one is available and the rest are sold through. Do a search by model on tbe official JLC site. It's boutique only and only LV is showing it in stock. I spoke to the area manager in India that told me typicaly LV and France get first dibs on special stock pieces.

My assumption is they didn't anticipate the popularity. The first wave sold out super quick.

haven't seen one before, it's a unique looking piece

I've decided to get the blue faced version, as I love how it looks in the metal and even on my small wrist, and am not willing to go through the hoops of buying the burgundy version sight unseen. As a couple of sweeteners, my wife absolutely loves the blue face, and kind of frowned at the online pictures of the red faced version, and my AD is giving me a nicer discount on the blue faced one than I'd expected (maybe cuz this is watch #4 from him, after 3 "undiscountable" Rolex models, and I pushed kind of hard). I'm picking it up on Tuesday, as he's not in the shop today or tomorrow.

Here is a picture of it on my wrist at the AD about a week ago. The purple is not really how it looked in person, but I gather it can really change colors depending on the lighting condition. I'm so captivated by how the light plays off of the face, markers and hands.

Name:  IMG_0338.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  115.6 KB
    tredstone likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information