Books and resources on JLC

Thread: Books and resources on JLC

Books and resources on JLC

I just joined watchuseek forum specifically to get into the JLC Forum. I have developed so much interest in JLC recently and I want to find out as many resources as I can to study and learn about JLC.

Can you recommend the best books, sites, resources, podcasts to learn about JLC? I like to get deep into subjects.

My next watch is going to be a Jaeger-LeCoultre.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    ----
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
    Q Timex 1979 re-issue

Re: Books and resources on JLC

The only advice that I have is around the reverso line. They are absolutely different in person and the sizes are all over the map depending on the year/model and the naming conventions are too.

You really need to try them on as everyone says. The pics you see on the internet don't add up. JLC for me is a Grail brand and have been since I got into watches. I currently have a grand taile reverso with plain back ill be getting engraved soon that I will share.

Welcome to the group!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

There is a ~$400 hardcover book about JLC ("The Story of the Grande Maison"), but outside of that I'm not aware of any comprehensive books. Most of the major watch sites have posted at least 2 or 3 in depth articles on JLC or a specifc line (e.g., Reverso) which are worth reading. Youtube is hit or miss with a lot of people rehashing information easily found elsewhere, although I've found the watchbox folks pretty knowledgeable whenever JLC comes up for discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tredstone View Post
    There is a ~$400 hardcover book about JLC ("The Story of the Grande Maison"), but outside of that I'm not aware of any comprehensive books. Most of the major watch sites have posted at least 2 or 3 in depth articles on JLC or a specifc line (e.g., Reverso) which are worth reading. Youtube is hit or miss with a lot of people rehashing information easily found elsewhere, although I've found the watchbox folks pretty knowledgeable whenever JLC comes up for discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thabks for your response. Yes, i agree, Tim from Watchbox is a real JLC connoisseur. His collection focuses on specific models from JLC.

----
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
    Q Timex 1979 re-issue

Quote Originally Posted by indygreg View Post
    The only advice that I have is around the reverso line. They are absolutely different in person and the sizes are all over the map depending on the year/model and the naming conventions are too.

You really need to try them on as everyone says. The pics you see on the internet don't add up. JLC for me is a Grail brand and have been since I got into watches. I currently have a grand taile reverso with plain back ill be getting engraved soon that I will share.

Welcome to the group!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your answers! I did try on a Reverso at my local AD and love it already. For now, I am really getting into the Polaris Chronograph (that blue is stunning) or the anniversary master Cronograph with the sector dial. The whole anniversary line with the sector dials is exquisite (master control date, master chronograph, and master geographic).

Time to start researching!

----
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
    Q Timex 1979 re-issue

Thread Information