First "proper" watch - short listed to two JLCs

Thread: First "proper" watch - short listed to two JLCs

First "proper" watch - short listed to two JLCs

After much procrastinating I have managed to shortlist two watches for my first move out of the sub £100 quartz space but struggling to decide between the two:

Master Ultra Thin - 1272510

Or

Master Ultra Thin 1907 - 1292520

Clearly very similar but I am not sure either on the colour of the faces or the thickness of the watches.

I hate the very chunky watches that were the fashion until late but I do wonder if the 1907 isnt just too thin/ light. I did try on the platinum version for fun and the extra weight did feel better but its way out of my price range.

On the face colour, I keep going back and forth, the 1907 some times looks too stark a contrast but on the flip side the eggshell beige of the other doesnt look clean enough in some lights.

Which would you go for, and I guess why?

Re: First "proper" watch - short listed to two JLCs

Platinum version is only 200 more and is a limited to 880. Considering that difference between your choices are 2,100. Out of the two I'll go with 1907. I have tried on the Thin Jubilee when shopping for my first high-end watch and came very close to deciding on it. Dial is super clean and it has one of the best thin movement ever made. And 1907 is a mechanical movement which is a definitely a plus in my book. When you start to own more and more watches, not having to bother with another winder is godsend. You also get a zen feeling winding your watches by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    Platinum version is only 200 more and is a limited to 880. Considering that difference between your choices are 2,100. Out of the two I'll go with 1907. I have tried on the Thin Jubilee when shopping for my first high-end watch and came very close to deciding on it. Dial is super clean and it has one of the best thin movement ever made. And 1907 is a mechanical movement which is a definitely a plus in my book. When you start to own more and more watches, not having to bother with another winder is godsend. You also get a zen feeling winding your watches by hand.
    For some reason I had in my head that it was an extra £10k for platinum, no idea where that came from

I would ideally look at the deployment clasp rather than pin buckle if I were to get the non-1907 version which does pretty much balance out the pricing

Out of curiosity, which watch did you end up getting instead?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

MUT 39 Moon in SS. My first real watch of note and a good one. It is good enough watch to be anyone's only watch for life but sadly I caught the watch bug. Every time I see the Thin Jubilee it taunts me for picking its lesser cousin. Get the best watch you love that your finances will allow and you won't have any regrets.

Let us know which one you picked; personally the first Ultra Thin you listed is what I'd go with (not the 1907).

Thread Information