Last Minute
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Last Minute

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Last Minute

Yesterday my wife, older daughter and I decided at the last minute to go into Boston to do a little shopping and have dinner.

After shopping for a bit, before our dinner reservation, I decided at the last minute to go into the Tourneau store.

At the last minute before the store closed, I bought this.

Name:  IMG_3092.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  147.6 KBName:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  157.2 KB

The Reverso Classic Large Duoface Small Seconds.

Actually, I know Tourneau doesn't have the best reputation here, but I like the people at the Boston store and have worked with them before. This purchase, however, was an impulse buy (as much as the JLC price tag can make it an impulse buy). I had always liked the Reverso, but honestly it wasn't even on my list of next possible acquisitions, but I couldn't be happier with it.
    Breitling | G-Shock | Glycine | Jaeger-LeCoultre | JS Watch | Longines | Omega | Rolex | Squale | Stowa | Tudor

Re: Last Minute

After having tried on most of the duoface models, I believe I grew to like this one the best. It is absolutely stunning in person. Congrats on your purchase and wear it in great health.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Sital likes this.

That Tourneau store is actually really decent. Great purchase! And now you can enjoy the extended 8-year warranty online. :)
    Sital likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch. I was in a So Cal JLC boutique and tried this one on as well as the Tribute blue faced Reverso. I went back and forth on which one to get but finally pulled the trigger on the blue. I can see myself getting the large Duoface someday tho. Really like is on both the black croc strap and the tan Fagliano strap. Did you see the Duoface on the Fagliano strap in person?

Quote Originally Posted by wooly88 View Post
    Beautiful watch. I was in a So Cal JLC boutique and tried this one on as well as the Tribute blue faced Reverso. I went back and forth on which one to get but finally pulled the trigger on the blue. I can see myself getting the large Duoface someday tho. Really like is on both the black croc strap and the tan Fagliano strap. Did you see the Duoface on the Fagliano strap in person?
    No, I didn't see it on that strap, but it sounds amazing.
    Breitling | G-Shock | Glycine | Jaeger-LeCoultre | JS Watch | Longines | Omega | Rolex | Squale | Stowa | Tudor

That is a classic beauty. You have excellent taste Sir. Enjoy it immensely.
    Sital likes this.

M.E.

I have that very same watch and I get a thrill every time I wear it. Enjoy it in good health.
    Sital likes this.

Congratulations! I can't find a more classic watch.. Amazing design and timeless piece.. Wear it with health :)

Congratulations on owning a piece of classic art. I personally believe JLC is one of a very select few manufactures that actually create art object as time piece. This particular model has been on my mind for a good 20+ years now. I was very tempted to purchase for myself. I now own a different reverso duo model but in general, they are all beautiful art deco objects. I have been reading up on the the history of JLC Reverso line and it is quite fascinating.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Sital likes this.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information