My first JLC and ........
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My first JLC and ........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first JLC and ........

I AM IMPRESSED!!!!! all of my watches has been all rolex omega and they all are sport models. this is the first time i have something that is 8.8mm thick (freaking thin if you ask me) and it can go toe to toe with patek in terms of proportion. but the value is truly here with steel. I have been wearing this watch NON STOP every single day ever since i got it. my rolex and omega collecting dust in watchbox now. it is weird now after wearing this thin watch, my omega and rolex feels so thick and chunky.

Did i mention that the black dial is so scintillating. the proportion is classic. so whats not to like? its also my first JLC and my first dress watch. the best part is i got 8 years warranty (the longest in the market) and i am paying way less than if i got rolex steel sport.

Guys, you can also watch me unbox this watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMAcwWjleBA

JAY JAY LE KOOLT !!!

Re: My first JLC and ........

oops , here are some pictures

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-07-10 at 6.31.05 PM.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  96.6 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-07-10 at 11.01.32 PM.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  184.7 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-07-10 at 11.02.49 PM.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  138.7 KB
    Bulgoki, Jaqesq, oztech and 1 others like this.

my only complaint is that this thing runs 7 seconds fast per day which is not even cosc standard. so that 1000 hours is pretty much horse crap. but when you pay a watch with super nice proportion, gold rotor and blued screws with some hands finishing like this for the price of tudor. i guess i can live with 7 seconds off.

is your JLC this bad guys?? lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

7 seconds fast seems excessive. JLC never seems to publically state their +/- but when I asked at their boutique they quoted numbers that were slightly better than COSC (I forget exactly now). Might be worth having it checked out. You can also try winding it twice a day to try to get it to run a bit slower...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tredstone View Post
    7 seconds fast seems excessive. JLC never seems to publically state their +/- but when I asked at their boutique they quoted numbers that were slightly better than COSC (I forget exactly now). Might be worth having it checked out. You can also try winding it twice a day to try to get it to run a bit slower...
    I don't know about that, based on my own experience and what I have read here and elsewhere in the archives. There are many stories of JLCs needing regulation, with multiple attempts, some eventually successful and others less so. The small Duetto I got my wife was hopeless, and we eventually returned it. The 2004 Reverso Night and Day model I bought has been quite accurate - probably within 2 to 3 seconds a day with some variations - and it stabilized quite a bit overtime as I wore it, but it's got the alignment issue with the second hands of the two faces. The new Reverso Tribute Small Seconds I just got seems to running about 6 to 10 seconds per day slow out of the box, but I'm going to run it for awhile before passing judgement.

I have to agree that the 1,000 hour control claim is nonsense given my experience and research. I love the Reversos, because they're super cool, but I don't get the level of confidence in JLC's out of the box performance that I do with Rolex, or even higher end ETA movement watches, like ETA Tudors. For their reputation, and with their prices, JLC should do better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by rolexbaby View Post
    my only complaint is that this thing runs 7 seconds fast per day which is not even cosc standard. so that 1000 hours is pretty much horse crap. but when you pay a watch with super nice proportion, gold rotor and blued screws with some hands finishing like this for the price of tudor. i guess i can live with 7 seconds off.

is your JLC this bad guys?? lol
    First of all, congratulations! Wow. That is a beautiful watch.

The JLCs seem to vary in accuracy, at least based on my searches of user posts in the archives here and elsewhere. But you should let it run in for awhile before passing judgement. I've found that some watches settle in after about a week or less. I bought a preowned Reverso a couple of weeks ago, and it fluctuated a bit at first, but then settled to about +2 seconds per day, which I'm thrilled with. Yesterday I bought a brand new Reverso and it seems to be running at about -6 to -10, but it's not even been 24 hours of its first day, so I'm going to just enjoy it for now and see where it ends up in a few days.

I'm not sure where to draw the line, but if my Reverso ends up within plus or minus 6 or 7 seconds, I'll probably not bother with sending it in for regulation. If it were going to be a true daily wearer, or if it were my only watch, then I might though.

I have to say that every Rolex watch I have bought (two for me and two for my wife) have been remarkably accurate out of the box and continuously, and better than the published specs.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing it with us. It's a nice watch and definitely a great buy. Wear in good health.
    Bulgoki likes this.

beauty!

Congratulations. Beautiful watch. My JLC runs about +3. Give it some time to settle in. Also register for the extended warrant and get a free check up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki likes this.

Check the timing again after its 'run in'. I've also noticed that if I let the power reserve run down the accuracy suffers. Keep it fully wound, wear it all day, take it off at night and check accuracy again. I consistently get +2s/d with my Geophysic TS. I know what position to leave the watch in overnight to retard the timekeeping which makes it pretty much spot on day in day out.
    Bulgoki and firefly0071 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information