Need help with Jaeger purchase this week. AD or grey market

Thread: Need help with Jaeger purchase this week. AD or grey market

Need help with Jaeger purchase this week. AD or grey market

Hi folks, newbie here. Am visiting from overseas and am looking to get my first proper watch. Timeline is a bit tight as leave the US on sunday. Have selected the watch - now it is just time to pull the trigger on purchase.

Options seem to be -
    1) local authorized dealer - includes warranty but full retail and have to pay 8.25% in taxes on top
    2) grey market website - 20% off retail and no sales tax but no manufacturers warranty
    3) some forum posts suggested an out of state AD who was wiling to discount on the phone.

Any recommendations on what route to take? Also, can someone suggest a Jaeger AD outside of Tx who would be willing to work with me on price?

Any advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Need help with Jaeger purchase this week. AD or grey market

Hi Dtolani

Price is one thing for sure, but service and warranty is also part of the deal. It's not worth saving 500$ for ending up with no warranty. I sent you a PM with the right place to shop for a state of the art service and pricing.

I have been through this couple of years ago and I assure you, I am more than happy with the route I took.

Happy shopping

GarageBMW

Stick with an AD in my opinion. Check your PMs for an AD to work with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know this is an old thread but I am sort of in the same boat. I would like to purchase the newer model:

Jaeger-LeCoultre - JLC - Master Ultra Thin Reserve de Marche (the 39mm model) # 137.84.20

I am so tempted to go Grey market however would love some help finding a friendly AD not in Illinois who will work with me on the pricing.

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I am sort of in the same boat. I would like to purchase the newer model:

Jaeger-LeCoultre - JLC - Master Ultra Thin Reserve de Marche (the 39mm model) # 137.84.20

I am so tempted to go Grey market however would love some help finding a friendly AD not in Illinois who will work with me on the pricing.

Thanks guys...
    This has been discussed to death, but basically, I would avoid grey market as I think it is possible to get a pretty similar discount from an AD if you get in touch with the right person.

I detailed my recent experience with this here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f419/ty...ol-787377.html

Ref 137.84.20 is a popular model so oftentimes, dealers won't negotiate as much. Send me a PM if you want to know the AD I ultimately went through. I think service is important as well, for instance, the AD I went through matched the grey market discount (admittedly, the model I was looking at wasn't that popular), and also let me swap the strap. That would have never been possible via grey market.
    Last edited by fareastcoast; December 31st, 2012 at 22:09.

Thread Information