QC and accuracy of Reversos?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: QC and accuracy of Reversos?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

QC and accuracy of Reversos?

I bought my wife a Reverso Duet Small, and two problems have arisen. First, it is running too fast, and not even consistently. Generally between 30 seconds and a minute per day, but this morning it was suddenly 5 minutes fast. Second, the minute hand on the "night" face is a good two minutes forward of the minute hand on the "day" face. We bought it from an AD in Boston.

So, we're going back in today to have then send it back to JLC for either a replacement or a repair.

Has anyone heard of this before for that watch, and given we bought it nine days ago, should we push for a replacement or leave it up to JLC whether to repair and regulate or to replace?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: QC and accuracy of Reversos?

Regulate if it is under warranty.
    Bulgoki likes this.

Really bummer for a new watch when JLC is touting 1,000 hours of testing after assembly. I haven't heard of anything like this but it sounds strange given that the minute hands cannot be adjusted independently of the other. On the upside, your wife's Reverso should be covered under the new eight-year warranty JLC is offering. There's some kind of registration process on the website starting later this month. Any watch still under warranty will be eligible. I'm about to purchase a Reverso so pretty excited about the news! Hope you get the watch back soon working as it should.
    Bulgoki likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your replies gentlemen.

We went back to the AD, and upon closer look the hands appear aligned, at least to my wife's satisfaction. The very different face designs might account for what she and I first thought we saw (the second markers on the white face don't quite line up with the hour numbers due to the square design and size of the numbers, which is not the case on the black face).

As far as accuracy, they demagnified the watch yesterday and it actually seems accurate now, knock on wood. The AD has asked us to give the watch a week long trial, and has promised to swap the watch out for a new one if the inaccuracy continues or or if we're not satisfied with the alignment.

I'll keep an eye on it and report back in a week. It's a gorgeous piece and my wife loves it so long as it continues to be accurate.

Update: The watch must be haunted. It gained about 5 minutes again in a single 24 hour period. So strange. Anyway, the AD says to bring it back in and he'll swap it for a new one. Will report back on the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgoki View Post
    Update: The watch must be haunted. It gained about 5 minutes again in a single 24 hour period. So strange. Anyway, the AD says to bring it back in and he'll swap it for a new one. Will report back on the new one.
    Did they conclude that magnetization was the original problem?

Hope they have the same watch in stock. The ADs near me don't have any of the JLC I want in.

Quote Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    Did they conclude that magnetization was the original problem?

Hope they have the same watch in stock. The ADs near me don't have any of the JLC I want in.
    I think they were just guessing or maybe trying to put it off. They said it was worth a shot, that's all.

I don't know that it is in stock, but would assume they'd order a replacement, no? Is there an issue with company inventory? Looks like you can buy them online directly from JLC, so I assume an AD could.

I don't know that it is in stock, but would assume they'd order a replacement, no? Is there an issue with company inventory? Looks like you can buy them online directly from JLC, so I assume an AD could.
    No inventory problems that I know of except I usually don't see many in display cases where I am now and just hoping that they can get one quickly for you after these hassles.

I wonder if there's a lot in storage somewhere in the US or just at the boutiques. When I heard the one I wanted wasn't in stock, I was initially pleased that I'd get one from storage but then remembered that it could also come from a boutique display...

Things should be alright with the new one. Don't forget to register for the eight-year warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    No inventory problems that I know of except I usually don't see many in display cases where I am now and just hoping that they can get one quickly for you after these hassles.

I wonder if there's a lot in storage somewhere in the US or just at the boutiques. When I heard the one I wanted wasn't in stock, I was initially pleased that I'd get one from storage but then remembered that it could also come from a boutique display...

Things should be alright with the new one. Don't forget to register for the eight-year warranty!
    We returned it on Tuesday and picked up the new one today. Very pleased with the quick turn around. I can't imagine encountering another problem. I will definitely look into the eight-year warranty. Thanks for your kind words. It's a beautiful watch, and looks great on my wife's wrist. I already have my eye on one of the men's sizes, but my wrists are small and I'm not sure it'd be a good fit.

I already have my eye on one of the men's sizes, but my wrists are small and I'm not sure it'd be a good fit.
    Do it!! Seems like there's a Reverso for everyone. I believe the men's sizes start at 40mm for the classic, metal back model. Then 42.9, 47, 49 and up. Then different case thickness between them. I found it hard to compare models on the website. Easier to with the PDF catalogue you can get from the website. I have a non-flat 6.5-in wrist. ADs around me didn't have any in 42.9mm but I tried the other sizes and felt comfortable enough with the general look and steps in cases sizes that I had one ordered in. Hope you find yours -- so fun if you and your wife have a set!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information