Request and Question for Reverso Duoface Owners.
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Request and Question for Reverso Duoface Owners.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Request and Question for Reverso Duoface Owners.

I would like to ask those of you who own Reverso Duoface models to check to see if the minute hands on the two faces of your watches align properly with each other.

I posted earlier about inaccuracy issues for a a small Duetto a bought for my wife and returned for continued inaccuracy (actually, two, as described in my earlier post). I also posted about how much I love a 2004 Night and Day model I recently purchased.

The thing is, none of those three watches had/have well aligned minute hands. The hands are about a minute to a minute and a half off on the one I now own. I love the watch, and it has been accurate enough, but the misalignment does bug me a bit.

Two questions. First, I wonder if those of you who own one would be willing to check yours and report back on alignment. Second, I was wondering if the alignment is something that a watchmaker could adjust.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Re: Request and Question for Reverso Duoface Owners.

Yep, mine are off about 20-30 seconds between the two dials. Sometimes it looks like more because of the shape of the hands and rectangular dial v. round dial. Thought I'd add here in case others are searching.

From my experience modifying Seikos, I'd say it's an easy fix if your watch shop is comfortable working on the dial side (to not scratch it, bend the hands, etc.). They should have the correct tools to remove and press them back on. I think you mentioned that they're fine with regulating your new watch so definitely worth asking. I wonder if the Reverso case is opened, is everything pretty much exposed? Check the minute hands before and after with a loupe. It's really hard to tell with the dials styled differently.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki likes this.

I think they are pretty aligned on mine but the only way to check is right on a minute mark and with no hacking it can be difficult to tell. Best would be to let the watch run down and stop then move the hands to 12:00. That is usually where watchmakers attach the hands and they eyeball it. Must be tricky with two sides.

Sorry to read of your troubles, I hope you get one that is right. Mine was -13/day slow when I got it, AD sent it to JLC for adjustment and it is as close to perfect as it can get still after nearly 4 years as my daily wearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki and DutchMongolian like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinMN View Post

I think they are pretty aligned on mine but the only way to check is right on a minute mark and with no hacking it can be difficult to tell. Best would be to let the watch run down and stop then move the hands to 12:00. That is usually where watchmakers attach the hands and they eyeball it. Must be tricky with two sides.

Sorry to read of your troubles, I hope you get one that is right. Mine was -13/day slow when I got it, AD sent it to JLC for adjustment and it is as close to perfect as it can get still after nearly 4 years as my daily wearer.

Was yours sent to Switzerland to regulate? My newly purchase one is about -8s/day if I wind it almost full everyday. Seems to gain when it's closer to running out. I'm not sure if -8s is within their tolerances but I'd like to get the hands fixed at the same time. Hesitant about it since some here have reported that their watches came back worse.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki likes this.

I think mine went to New York if I recall. About 4 weeks turnaround.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bulgoki and orsetto like this.

Just to give you guys a sense of what I mean by the alignment being off, please take a look at my pictures. I'd say the minute hand on the secondary face is at least one minute behind, and likely more (ignore the hours, which are intentionally set 13 hours apart). I purchased this piece used at a local shop with an excellent reputation and will bring it in for the watchmaker to look at some time this coming week. In all other respects I love the watch. It's keeping good time and the power reserve is more than the published 45 hours. So, I'm hoping they can address this one issue.

Name:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  322.7 KBName:  IMG_0343.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  334.9 KB

My 986 duoface is aligned correctly.
    Bulgoki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_watches View Post
    My 986 duoface is aligned correctly.
    Thanks. The shop is going to adjust the alignment for me under their one year warranty. I'll post the results afterwards. Their watchmaker is back in on Friday, and they said they'd do it right away. Fingers crossed.
    orsetto likes this.

That’s the right thing to do. I wouldn’t bring a JLC to any watchmaker regardless how good unless JLC authorizes them.

I will check my Tribute Moon tonight and will post result.

Bulgoki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chronomaestro View Post
    That’s the right thing to do. I wouldn’t bring a JLC to any watchmaker regardless how good unless JLC authorizes them.

I will check my Tribute Moon tonight and will post result.

I'm looking to purchase a Tribute Moon later this year. Were you able to verify that your minute hands were aligned? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast