Show your JLC!! - Page 44
Like Tree5011Likes

Thread: Show your JLC!!

Page 44 of 166 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Re: Show your JLC!!

Beautiful... Is that the 40mm Geographic?

[email protected]
    twitter & instagram: @spazzcom

It is the 39MM.

Nice... I always thought they went to 39mm this year (2013) from 40mm... must be a different watch. I've been shopping and also got a Geographic (yet to arrive), and was very happy to see how nice yours is!

[email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I believe mine is a (2011 or 2010), so the older model. The price was just right, though I did have to order the black strap with deployant direct from JLC for an additional $900. Going to be much happier with the leather strap.

I agree, as much as I like the metal, I like leather a lot... I too ordered at the same time, and extra leather strap in a different color. Great watch, really, really nice! :)

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    As promised, here are a couple of Q&Ds of my new Hometime (née DualTime).

When I bought my Rolex Datejust II a little over a year ago, I was greatly impressed with Rolex's Easylink extension method in the clasp. It consisted of a partial link that could be unlocked and unfolded to extend the bracelet by 5mm, allowing for a more comfortable fit as one's wrist expanded during the day. I've written elsewhere of my admiration of Rolex's ingenuity. Imagine my surprise, then, when I discovered that the JLC bracelet on my Hometime - a design I'm sure has not been updated in a while - had two such extensions, one on either side of the butterfly deployant. The JLC extension link is 4mm, which allows the expansion or contraction of a bracelet by as much as 8mm as needed.

I was even more impressed by the clever method for adjusting links. JLC bracelets have unique spring bars in adjustable links, which are depressed by the width of the outer link, allowing the outer link portion to pivot up and out of the way. Then the spring bar can be pulled out, separating the two joined links. Once the bracelet is adjusted, the pin is depressed enough to allow the outer link to swing back down and the pin pops into place. Marvelous!

My only regret is that JLC apparently is moving away from bracelets, offering their Master series only on straps. I've long coveted the Lange Datograph on its rose gold bracelet. If JLC offered the Master Chrono in red gold with a matching bracelet, I would be just as content with it (perhaps even more since it is self-winding).

Rob
    Gorgeous photos of the Hometime Rob!! Although I see it mostly on straps, it looks really nice on bracelet as well! I love how the second time zone is presented. Personally, I think it's one of the best presentation among all GMT watches. The Rolex GMT (the de facto GMT watch as viewed by many WIS here) is great, but this is simply the more beautiful and elegant solution IMHO. Enjoy it and let us know when you get your Master Chrono in the future!

Daniel
    iinsic likes this.

Master Grand Reveil today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

iinsic, incontrol and NMGE17 like this.

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso: Ironman Edition. Just received it this past weekend. Crossed that event off my bucket list last year. Malaya is for my daughter.
    Name:  ReversoIronmanLogo.jpg
Views: 2207
Size:  369.4 KB

My grande reverso gmt on the wrist today

incontrol, NMGE17 and Ric Capucho like this.

recently in, honeymoon stage still, Master Memo alarm, discontinued . . .

granzzow, rooneb, IGotId and 6 others like this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 44 of 166 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread Information