Vintage Watch Identification

Thread: Vintage Watch Identification

Vintage Watch Identification

Hey everyone - I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this beautiful timepiece, which just came into my possession. It has been in my family for a couple/few generations. I'd love to learn more about it (actual age, model, movement, etc.) but there isn't much for me to go on. Any and all help is appreciated! I am almost positive the bracelet is not original, but I am prepared to be surprised by anything and everything.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Vintage Watch Identification

Bump? Would appreciate some guidance/direction. Even if you don't know about this watch, where can I go to find more? Happy to do the digging!

Doing a bit more of my own research and will share my findings...

If this article (https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/ja...s-watchmaking/) is to be believed, then this watch is a LeCoultre (not a Jaeger LeCoultre) and predates the two watchmaking houses joining forces around the turn of the century, as the two were introduced to one another in 1903. I suppose it is possible that this piece was made after 1900 and was not labeled under the partnership.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK, a bit more information... https://www.montredo.com/en/watch-ma...ger-lecoultre/

This article indicates that the LeCoultre branding was not limited to pre-collaboration pieces, but was repeated in the 60s and 70s as a means of getting around export/import issues that watchmakers faced.

Given the deco styling of this watch, I am not convinced that it is from the 60s/70s, but there remains more information to be unearthed! I have also finally gotten around to getting in touch with JLC directly. Will continue to post about the exploration as I learn more...

Have a watchmaker remove the caseback and get a cal #. Thats your best bet to determine vintage if you don't know the model ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Manosar View Post
    Hey everyone - I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this beautiful timepiece, which just came into my possession. It has been in my family for a couple/few generations. I'd love to learn more about it (actual age, model, movement, etc.) but there isn't much for me to go on. Any and all help is appreciated! I am almost positive the bracelet is not original, but I am prepared to be surprised by anything and everything.

Thanks!
    This is really cool :)

Bring it to a watchmaker or service center. Should learn a lot from movement and case-back inside like stated above
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

$260 to retrieve data only from the archive. My journey may end here unless anyone can help identify this watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Manosar View Post
    $260 to retrieve data only from the archive. My journey may end here unless anyone can help identify this watch...
    Any compitent watchmaker can open the back for you if you are unwilling to do it. (easy pry-tab model)
    Google wattchmakers/watch repair in your area and read some reviews.

Snap some pics of movement and any inside caseback hallmarks.

Should definitely be cleaned/ serviced anyway.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Thread Information