Do you have a watch tool kit? - Page 5
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Do you have a watch tool kit?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Do you have a watch tool kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Cheap ones are more fun...
    Define fun...
    Hack a wife's watch, keep her happy for a week, teach her to hack her own watch, keep her happy for life!
    Wife replies: ...teach her to hack her own watch, she doesn't need you anymore! 8^o
    What's the positional variation on a pendulum clock?
    Be annoying. The world needs more noyings.

No one got fired for buying Bergeon. On that note, they do make some crap (but not very much).
    Hack a wife's watch, keep her happy for a week, teach her to hack her own watch, keep her happy for life!
    Wife replies: ...teach her to hack her own watch, she doesn't need you anymore! 8^o

I started years ago buy buying a cheap tool kit from Ebay. Back then it was more for changing batteries on my wife's quartz watches and basic strap changes.
    As We started buying more expensive watches I opened up an Esslingers account. I started with a good screwdriver set and some other basic tools. I have a wish list on their web site, as I look through the web site I add items i might need in the future, everything from tools to parts. As I need a new tool I order it and get it in just a few days.
    I bought an inexpensive tool box from Harbor Freight Tools to keep everything in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do you have a watch tool kit?

I assembled a cheap kit, comprising of Xiaomi mini screwdriver set, link remover , spring bar tools, screw back opener, movement holder.. batts, o-rings, Victorinox watchmaker 60, snap case press, spring bars

Been looking at Bergeon 6767 S and F.. but it’s from AliExpress .. how to tell if they are real?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    G-Shock GWN-1000B Gulfmaster , GWG-1000 Mudmaster, G-9100 Gulfman, G-9300 Mudman, GW-9400 Rangeman, GXW-56 King, GW-B5600BC, GW-M5610, G-7900 Rescue
    I think I have to stop collecting G-Shocks now.. my wife is beginning to catch on..

Quote Originally Posted by Farbey80 View Post
    Noob question and couldn't find anything through search for tool kit. Pretty much all of the watches I own were purchased online. So if something is on a bracelet I have to go to a jeweler to size it because I've never done it myself, nor do I have tiny tools.

As I look at watches and think "hmm, i'd like to swap that bracelet out for a strap" or "guess I'll have to go get this one sized one it comes".

Is it worth it to get a watch tool kit? if so, which one? Amazon seems to have several relatively cheap kits, but i'd wager the large majority of tools will never get used and I don't even know what I would need for basic sizing/strap swaps.

I see some of the folks modding their seiko's orient's etc, but i can't say i'd likely go that far anytime soon as it looks to be much more involved when swapping out bezels etc..

Do you have tools to do things yourself, or do you have everything done by a pro?
    I started off with one of them all in one Chinesium kits and yes some of it was useful but the items broke very quickly and them 3d printed bracelet pin thingies are just terrible resorting to the pin punches and jewellers hammer that came in the kit and still use them to this day so something was OK.

The problem is where do you really need a tool and where can you get by, a set of tweezers and screwdrivers covers a lot of operations, rodico is amazing stuff but unless you intend to disassemble movements then you will find you could prob get by on DIY or motor tools to a point.

Trouble is though, you find there is always a tool you need to buy and you can't move forward til you get that tool and it can get a bit over the top if you aren't careful.
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Quote Originally Posted by canonite View Post
    Been looking at Bergeon 6767 S and F.. but it’s from AliExpress .. how to tell if they are real?
    You look at the source. If it's from China (AliExpress), you can guarantee they are fake. Go to a reliable supplier (Esslinger, Ofrei, Cas-Ker, CousinsUK, to name a few). Expect to pay $18. Anything less is a copy; YMMV.

And buy the F. The S only works on Invictas. I got an S blade and have never taken it out of the packaging.

Do you have a watch tool kit?

But is there any physical way to tell if they are fakes? Read somewhere that the real ones will etch the brand onto the tool..

There’s a number of bergeon stuff on the site, with prices that look real enough.. but it could of course just be there to give the feel of purchasing ‘real’ genuine items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by canonite; 5 Days Ago at 15:24.
    G-Shock GWN-1000B Gulfmaster , GWG-1000 Mudmaster, G-9100 Gulfman, G-9300 Mudman, GW-9400 Rangeman, GXW-56 King, GW-B5600BC, GW-M5610, G-7900 Rescue
    I think I have to stop collecting G-Shocks now.. my wife is beginning to catch on..

I've seen obvious fakes that are branded. Bergeon is the most copied. Again, if it looks to good to be true, then it's likely a fake.

Get one of the cheapo kits from amazon. They will serve you well and for the tools you use most of upgrade them as and when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information