New Enicar book written by Martijn van der Ven: Time for a change: a book about the lost watch brand
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By speedy

Thread: New Enicar book written by Martijn van der Ven: Time for a change: a book about the lost watch brand

New Enicar book written by Martijn van der Ven: Time for a change: a book about the lost watch brand

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please correct it or let me know what I should do.

I have been in touch with the author of this upcoming book about Enicar, the brand that does not exist since about 1987 or 1988 as I learned. There is a company with that name, but I believe it is based in China.

Martijn is a collector of vintage Enicar watches. Vintage Enicar watches are rather rare among collectors, the brand may not be as wellknown as many others. At the same time, the quality of these watches is absolutely top. Even the old pieces are still around and doing well. Caseconstruction, movement, everything was absolutely on a very high level.

There are some highly coveted pieces among hardcore collectors.

Martijn has a lot of experience writing, and he wants your support, so he put the book on kickstarter, there are about 25 days to go. If you are interested, I ordered a book and I hope that the book will happen, not only that I can get mine, but also that the name and history of this beautiful watchcompany gets the recognition it deserves.

For more info see his kickstarter campaign.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; March 7th, 2019 at 09:49.
    Badener likes this.

Re: New Enicar book written by Martijn van der Ven: Time for a change: a book about the lost watch b

Saw that on Fratello looks quite interesting.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: New Enicar book written by Martijn van der Ven: Time for a change: a book about the lost watch b

Moved to the more suitable forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Danke Mike. Ich bin das übrigens, Boris, wir hatten das Vergnügen auf der Munichtime bei Damasko... ;)

11 days to go guys. We are on track, but still every help is needed.

Nico
    enicar101.com - Sherpa Graph Reference Guide

Logged in to post something on this...and am delighted to see it's already getting some support. I really hope this gets funded. I've been collecting Enicar for a few years now, and absolutely love these watches! But...information is hard to find! We need to keep posting about this one.

J

After briefly researching vintage watches and looking on ebay, the first one i bought.. an '57 Enicar Seapearl 600. Interesting history on this model ,submitted to the US Navy for consideration as their dive watch.
    So how or where do we order this book?

You have to go to Kickstarter and support the book...otherwise it won't be realized! Here's where to find it, Enicar: Time For A Change. If the link doesn't work, just go to Kickstarter and search Enicar. We're right now at 86% funded with 7 days left in the campaign.

J

The Kickstarter campaign was funded successfully, and the book is due for delivery January 2020. Looks really good!

Thread Information