Watch box recommendations
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Watch box recommendations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch box recommendations

I know, I know, ANOTHER thread about watch boxes

I do need some help from the fellow WIS community though ! I have gone through 3 boxes thus far (this will be my fourth), and I'm getting tired of always running out of space with my new acquisitions. I originally started with a 6 watch box, then upgraded to a 10 watch box, then a 12 watch box, this being my current one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07587SCWS/
    Honestly, I absolutely love this box. It's everything I want in a box - sleek, high quality, and accents my home decor / furniture very well. Unfortunately, they don't make it in a size any larger than 12 watches......

I'm not interested in having multiple boxes, so it's time to get serious about this once and for all. I want something in the 24+ watches category. MINIMUM is 24 watches, ideally 36 or more, to be honest. I want a "forever" box that I'm not going to have to worry about running out of space in again. Here's my wish list:

- Glass top
    - Single level
    - Black, dark brown, carbon fiber, something that is dark in colour (to match the rest of my decor)
    - High quality (I'm not interested in some $50.00 eBay special)
    - Sleek in design (not wanting a barn-style box or anything like that, again, needs to match existing decor)

I've done my fair share of searching and I'm not coming up with much. The 24 watch cases, single level, are basically found on Amazon and they're the $50.00 crap. I WOULD be open to a dual level, or triple level, box, if the box ticked off all the other items in the wish list. I prefer single level though as I love to look at my watches through the glass top, and seeing them ALL vs just a subset of them would be ideal.

I'm not opposed to spending money on this. I mean, I don't think I'm interested in a box that cost $2K, but I'm definitely open to something custom made. I'm interested in high quality, high finishings, lots of space and something that I won't be replacing in 6 months again because I was an idiot and didn't buy something big enough (again). FWIW, it also need to be able to ship to me, and I'm in Canada.

Any help is appreciated !
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Re: Watch box recommendations

Absolutely understand your reasons... I have idea in my mind, for at least last two years, thinking to make wall mount, wooden type, glass door, 36 compartment box...
    I have resources for DIY but not enough time... So skilled carpenter would be a right choice...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Yukoner1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Might check out the offerings from Wolf.

Acetimer.com might be another resource to look at as well.

Good luck.
    Yukoner1 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the thoughts. I did check out Acetimer but their shipping calculator doesn't work for my location and I've tried to contact them without any luck. I did try again, so let's see if they get back to me. The only concern I've got with them is their pricing..... <$100.00 for a 36 watch box is really cheap.... And honestly, I'm looking for something a bit higher quality than I imagine I'm going to get for that price......

Wolf has nice stuff, but their boxes cap out at 15 slots. Unless you do the stackable modular system, but then we're talking about multi-level with very few being glass-top viewable.

The one my Son bought me

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    The one my Son bought me
    ........ Ooooooooook. Which one is that ?

I think taking a look on Etsy might be worthwhile. I haven't checked there for watch boxes in quite some time but I know when I did there were several people who offered custom work.
    Yukoner1 and LosAngelesTimer like this.

So I've scoured Etsy and found similar stuff to what you find elsewhere - usually a 10 count with a drawer underneath for another 10. I find it really interesting, perplexing actually, that no one really makes larger single watch boxes / cases where all the watches are visible. I guess I'm the only one who likes to actually LOOK at their watches when they're inside their house
    horologywonders likes this.

i'm also kinda interested to hear what folks have to say on this as well. i currently have a 6-slot box, and it's decent and all, but eventually i'll need something in the range of 10 or 12. (i don't plan on going past that size..at least, i sit here now and say that, lol). and yeah, i realize some of the better-quality ones aren't cheap, but that's okay, because at the end of the day, these watches we obsess over aren't cheap, so of course it only makes sense to have a quality winder as well. soooo, any good ideas on brand? my 6-count winder is made by Chiyoda, spent $200 for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information