Linde Werdelin - clasp/strap width?

Thread: Linde Werdelin - clasp/strap width?

Linde Werdelin - clasp/strap width?

Hello all!

I recently found a manufacturer that produces a quality DLC deployant clasp that is very similar to the LW deployant. I ordered the 22mm and it was far too big (too much space between strap and clasp). Is the width 21mm 20mm? I sat it down on a ruler but I am coming smack between 21 and 20. Going to buy the orange strap soon and put it on the full DLC deploy I found since LW no longer makes a full black. Thanks!

Dave
    Audemars Piguet Safari
    Chopard LUC 1937
    Cvstos Jetliner Forged Carbon
    Girard Perregaux Laureato 42mm
    Linde Werdelin SpidoLite Carbon
    Rolex DJ 41

NN_

Re: Linde Werdelin - clasp/strap width?

21mm

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I had an LW DLC deployant wasn’t overly impressed with the quality. It looked like it had been sprayed with a rattle can of black paint.
    Some watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NN_ View Post
    21mm

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Maybe the one I purchased was a little larger then 22mm from the factory. It seemed a few mm's off.

Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    I had an LW DLC deployant wasn’t overly impressed with the quality. It looked like it had been sprayed with a rattle can of black paint.
    I never had a full black DLC LW Deploy. I have only had their new model, which is stainless except for the exposed clasp which is DLC. The one I purchased is from a manufacturer Hadley-Roma. They made a nice butterfly style that is actually coated (near identical to the LW). I ordered a generic to pair, and the cheap one was definitely just sprayed with a gloss paint. A difference from $7 to $49.
    Audemars Piguet Safari
    Chopard LUC 1937
    Rolex DJ 41

I have the full black LW DLC deployant on me now, it measures just over 13/16 of an inch. This stupid american tape measurement doesn't have the mm, so I imagine it's 21mm.

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    I have the full black LW DLC deployant on me now, it measures just over 13/16 of an inch. This stupid american tape measurement doesn't have the mm, so I imagine it's 21mm.
    If you ever want to part ways, let me know. I can't find a 21mm DLC deploy that meets my standards. All of the other avail. are 20/22mm. Sending my LW deploy to be DLC'd is going to cost an arm and a leg. My OCD wont allow me to wear their new SS/DLC buckle deploy that I have, haha.

I tracked down 2 original XS canvas/leather straps. They are just as short as my XS divers strap for my AP so they fit amazing on a regular tang, with no overhang. I wish they didn't discontinue these and the XS size, but these are far more prone to cracking.
    Audemars Piguet Safari
    Chopard LUC 1937
    Rolex DJ 41

Thread Information