Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Linde Werdelin launches LW Vintage to buy and sell LW timepieces

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Linde Werdelin launches LW Vintage to buy and sell LW timepieces

Name:  2011 - SpidoSpeed Gold.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  228.4 KB

We have been sworn to secrecy about this new project from Linde Werdelin for a while, but at last the wraps can come off their bold new venture. Launching today, LW is undertaking an innovative step in the watch distribution space. To be known as LW Vintage, Linde Werdelin will facilitate a vintage market for its own timepieces.

Finding the watch market to be fragmented and decentralised, Linde Werdelin is the first and only company to take responsibility for the experience customers have on the marketplace for vintage pieces and to offer a better alternative. Each Linde Werdelin timepiece is numbered and limited, meaning that provenance of all timepieces can be ascertained by Linde Werdelin, providing guarantees of authenticity and history, for all pieces listed on LW Vintage.

“As with ‘Try It’ and ‘LW by Appointment’, two personalized services that we invented in 2008 and 2015 to allow people easier access to trying on a real Linde Werdelin before purchasing, LW Vintage is another customer-centric service that focuses on serving the customer. We are taking responsibility for our historical production, now dating back 10 years, and the experience that owners have long after they buy one of our pieces.” Jorn Werdelin, co-founder, Linde Werdelin.

Linde Werdelin’s decision to offer LW Vintage is born from the brand’s recognition that the vintage market should be embraced, not ignored. There has been increasing demand recently for sold-out, vintage Linde Werdelin pieces. By being able to offer a first-party solution, Linde Werdelin can ensure a great experience for all.

2016 is Linde Werdelin’s tenth anniversary since first delivering a timepiece to market, with the Founders Watch and Biformeter series arriving in late 2006. In that time Linde Werdelin has produced 4,500 individual pieces across 73 individual series; so being a Linde Werdelin owner is still an exclusive club.

In the decade since 2006, Linde Werdelin has grown and matured, evolving its design language as it moved from Biformeter to the current generation of Spido and Oktopus. There is certainly more to come, but so proud is Linde Werdelin of all its creations to-date, and confident in the pieces to withstand the ravages of time and trends, that it is creating a marketplace for all these pieces on its own website.

LW Vintage aims to bring a luxury experience to the vintage marketplace. LW will match sellers with buyers at a price agreed by both parties, but before the timepiece changes hands it will be fully serviced, including its movement where necessary or requested, by the same trusted watchmakers who service Linde Werdelin timepieces bought first-hand. Each watch sold will be accompanied by a new strap and a new 24-month warranty.

“When travelling, one of my great joys is seeing older Linde Werdelin pieces on the wrists of happy owners, pieces that I may not have seen in person in years. In doing limited series, once a piece is sold out it is gone; even we no longer have any. Now, with LW Vintage, we are going to see more vintage pieces popping up, and I look forward to that.” Jorn Werdelin.

LW Vintage offers the opportunity to take responsibility for 10 years of historical production.To further mark this pride, Linde Werdelin created a timeline on its website punctuated by milestones since its founding in 2002 and since the first timepieces were delivered in 2006.

Interested Linde Werdelin owners eager to trade can already contact the brand at[email protected] to have it listed when LW Vintage launches today, May 3.

More details on the exact process involved can be found here as from today.

View the Linde Werdelin timeline
    Last edited by Michael Weare; May 3rd, 2016 at 17:15.
    phunky_monkey likes this.

Re: Linde Werdelin launches LW Vintage to buy and sell LW timepieces

Hopefully that Spidolite SA RG or a Trigon pop up one day :D

I like this as a initiative, will hopefully connect a few more people and allow more choice for those of us chasing some of the rarer pieces.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

I thought the idea was pretty cool BUT when I read the terms I didn't like that if the watch doesn't sell you are required to pay to have it serviced before its returned to you. Honestly if I'm trying to sell a watch I really don't want to be out of pocket for a service if it's not required. That kills it for me as a potential seller of a Spidospeed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by christianj View Post
    I thought the idea was pretty cool BUT when I read the terms I didn't like that if the watch doesn't sell you are required to pay to have it serviced before its returned to you. Honestly if I'm trying to sell a watch I really don't want to be out of pocket for a service if it's not required. That kills it for me as a potential seller of a Spidospeed.
    Agreed.

I wouldn't use it to sell personally, but I do like that it probably makes others a little more comfortable to do so and hopefully brings a few of the rarer pieces out into the market.
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

What Linde Werdelin is doing is a good idea. I rarely buy used anything. And if I do it would be a car that's hopefully well maintained with documentation from a reputable dealership. This seems to be the way Linde Werdelin is going with LW Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
    Hopefully that Spidolite SA RG or a Trigon pop up one day :D

I like this as a initiative, will hopefully connect a few more people and allow more choice for those of us chasing some of the rarer pieces.
    I'll keep an eye on that site from time to time for a Trigon. I'm still surprised that there isn't more information about the watch on Linde Werdelin's site or other sites. But as it's so rare, I'm not expecting anyone to sell their Trigon. Since Linde Werdelin doesn't even have it pictured on their site, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept one if they got the chance to buy it.

I wish they would just make a new but similar version. But I don't ever see that happening anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by christianj View Post
    Well they are servicing the watch before putting it up for sale. They can't really sell the watch as is, then if it sells check it, service it, and add on whatever fees afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ninja View Post
    What Linde Werdelin is doing is a good idea. I rarely buy used anything. And if I do it would be a car that's hopefully well maintained with documentation from a reputable dealership. This seems to be the way Linde Werdelin is going with LW Vintage.

I'll keep an eye on that site from time to time for a Trigon. I'm still surprised that there isn't more information about the watch on Linde Werdelin's site or other sites. But as it's so rare, I'm not expecting anyone to sell their Trigon. Since Linde Werdelin doesn't even have it pictured on their site, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept one if they got the chance to buy it.

I wish they would just make a new but similar version. But I don't ever see that happening anymore.
    Wishful thinking, I know.

I'm actually surprised by the lack of early LW pieces hitting the market full stop. I know LW Vintage have a few, and some pop up on Chrono24, but there's nowhere near the same amount of 'One', '3-Timer', 'Okto 1' and 'Bi-formeters' that used to be present on the used market. It seems that most owners are holding on to them as the likelihood of getting another base series at the same price points and with the same simplicity is unlikely.

Well they are servicing the watch before putting it up for sale. They can't really sell the watch as is, then if it sells check it, service it, and add on whatever fees afterwards.
    Actually, you're spot on with that and it hadn't registered to me that it was obviously occurring prior to listing. CHF400 sounds pretty fair as well.
    Current:

Quote Originally Posted by phunky_monkey View Post
    Wishful thinking, I know.

I'm actually surprised by the lack of early LW pieces hitting the market full stop. I know LW Vintage have a few, and some pop up on Chrono24, but there's nowhere near the same amount of 'One', '3-Timer', 'Okto 1' and 'Bi-formeters' that used to be present on the used market. It seems that most owners are holding on to them as the likelihood of getting another base series at the same price points and with the same simplicity is unlikely.
    There were a few authorized LW retailers that had some of the older pieces maybe a few years ago. I remember a topic here that found I think an online store or one of those HSN type things selling the 3 Timer at a massive discount. If you get one of their older watches at a discount, I don't think many would sell them considering how they have changed directions since then.

The more I think about it, the Trigon was the best and last of the watches that I wanted from them. And they didn't even make multiple versions. Just the one edition of I think 20 or so that I can remember. Not even directly sold from LW. No PVD / DLC, different materials, or dial colors either. Which considering their current strategy and watches on their site is just strange.

Just like with phunky_monkey, it didn't register with me either that they are servicing the watch PRIOR to listing it...hence the reason for the service charge. Either i didn't read very carefully or they were not overly clear on that but it does make sense.

There were a few authorized LW retailers that had some of the older pieces maybe a few years ago. I remember a topic here that found I think an online store or one of those HSN type things selling the 3 Timer at a massive discount. If you get one of their older watches at a discount, I don't think many would sell them considering how they have changed directions since then.

The more I think about it, the Trigon was the best and last of the watches that I wanted from them. And they didn't even make multiple versions. Just the one edition of I think 20 or so that I can remember. Not even directly sold from LW. No PVD / DLC, different materials, or dial colors either. Which considering their current strategy and watches on their site is just strange.
    I recall that particular sale. I tried to buy one, but they wouldn't ship internationally unfortunately.

I really think the Trigon was one of their most successful designs, and certainly the one I yearn for most. I absolutely love my Founder's Watch, and this is the perfect evolution of it as far as I'm concerned
    Current:

It is good that LW are willing to take some control over their brand history with a "store" like this. The prevalence of fakes makes trust a very, very valuable commodity in my eyes. I'd pay the extra to be getting something through LW themselves, especialiy knowing that it had been serviced before being sent to me. As a seller I would factor the cost of a service into my idea of what I would get from my Sale, and if it didn't sell, well I've got my own watch back, serviced and running perfectly without needing attention for a while.
    BillSWPA likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information