Best Hublot?? - Page 4
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Best Hublot??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Best Hublot??

Rose gold Aero Bang on bracelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best hublot.is the one you like the best. Lots of nice hublots out there but I have has several and I liked them all.

Aero fusion is a solid piece imo one of the better ones

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I’m a fan of the Big Bang models. Lots of different variations and most of them look and feel great

Holy crap, I've seen this Zenith a dozen times before and didn't make the connection that it was the same company/design elements. You are correct. This is the very best Hulot :)

I like the Meca 10.

miw

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    See, I may not be a big Hublot fan but I do disagree with a lot of what is written here. Let's dissect it...

For me Hublot will always be a poor attempt to be a Royal Oak and at one point they were competing at similar prices and it was a no brainer to get the AP.

Jean Claude Biver did an interesting interview, I think with Hodinkee, where he discusses exactly this. He says when the Big Bang was first released, people in the watch industry did not see it as similar to the royal oak. This largely because Hublot added the porthole "lips" and innovated with the first rubber strap on a luxury watch. Then over time, Royal Oak came out with the offshore and with rubber straps, and suddenly people feel they are too similar.

AP in the ROO line (again, the main competitor to Hublot) also began copying Hublot by experimenting in unusual materials like forged carbon and ceramics.

Now the AP stock has risen as quality always does and Hublot is a tier below but I would still advise the original formulation of a Royal Oak.

For three handers I absolutely agree, but not at all for chronographs. The AP ROO, the most direct competitor for a Hublot, uses a chronograph with a notoriously fragile dubuois depraz module bolted onto it. This while Hublots use the UNICO movement, which is a thoroughly modern, very impressively designed integrated chronograph. I can vouch that the pusher feel is much better on the Hublots too.

I think of the two brands, it is Hublot that has risen in quality and is innovating. AP is still using the same old DD module movements, where Hublot stuck its neck out and made the Unico instead of continuing to use ETA.

I think if you want to go 3 hander, AP is definitely the choice to make. But for a chronograph, it has to be Hublot. AP has always been playing catch up

Hublot is a brand that doesn't appeal to a lot of watch enthusiasts since many find their image and prices off putting. But they absolutely are on the cutting edge in terms of movement innovation and materials innovation.
    Very succinct analysis.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I truly enjoy everything about the Hublot Big Bang Unico Titanium. The skeleton dial and case back, the size even on my smaller wrist. Especially the weight, it is very light for the size.

Quote Originally Posted by NateViolin View Post

I truly enjoy everything about the Hublot Big Bang Unico Titanium. The skeleton dial and case back, the size even on my smaller wrist. Especially the weight, it is very light for the size.

Does not get enough love. Always enjoyed Hublots looking to get the spirit of the big bang.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by canwd View Post
    Does not get enough love. Always enjoyed Hublots looking to get the spirit of the big bang.
    Agreed. It is a striking piece.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information