Best Hublot??
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Best Hublot??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Hublot??

Just taking a little poll: What is the best Hublot to buy? I really like several of them, but I just want to find out what you pros think. Thanks in advance for your comments & opinions.

Re: Best Hublot??

I'm on mobile so I can't even see the poll, let alone vote it in. So get the one you like most!?
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

I don't think there are many Hublot pros here. What are the watches you are considering? Their line varies in price significantly.

The Huge Blow Big Bang Chronograph is probably their most famous watch. I personally like the looks of the Classic Fusion Chronos (no idea what movement they use nor the price). I also like their amazing MP La Ferrari watch...I wouldn't buy one (not that I could afford it) but it is cool.
    mpatton4re likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Grand Quantieme, replacement straps can be a pain.

Best Hublot is ironically the Zenith Defy 21.

LVMH group put their heads together between TAG, Zenith, and Hublot and ended up with a watch with all the strong styling lines of a Hublot, same strap and clasp system as a hublot, and yet a better/more interesting movement at half the price.

Name:  Zenith_Defy_EP21_reclining2_1000.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  189.4 KB
    Fantasio, chuasam, ffritz and 3 others like this.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

I would gladly add a Classic Fusion 42mm chronograph to my collection:

Smokeshopp and stuffler,mike like this.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Yeah, I don't mind some of the classic Fusions. Lot of the others are just hideous.

That said...I'd suggest checking the movements and looking them up online.
    And it is also said, "go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say no and yes."
    -- Frodo, to Gildor

I was going to turn up and make some trite remark such as there isn't a "best" Hublot or something of that sort but I am quite impressed by the watch Zama posted and I hadn't seen one before.

The most interesting watch I think Hublot made was the Antikythera inspired by the Antikythera mechanism they found on the bottom of the sea a mechanical device that told of the eclipses and was miniaturized and put in a watch. It has an historical interest and a technical one though it was limited (not sure is a single piece or very few) and an astronomic price tag (did you see what I did there?)

For me Hublot will always be a poor attempt to be a Royal Oak and at one point they were competing at similar prices and it was a no brainer to get the AP. Now the AP stock has risen as quality always does and Hublot is a tier below but I would still advise the original formulation of a Royal Oak. Firstly it is more satisfyingly finished than the Hublot, secondly your money will always be safe in the AP and thirdly if you go with the original jumbo the thin case makes it extremely comfortable and it can be worn in any situation fitting under a cuff very nicely and being suitable for casual too.
    AP Royal Oak 14790, VC Overseas Chrono 49140, Rolex Submariner 16610, Omega Speedmaster 3570.50, Omega Seamaster 2561.80, JLC Master Moonphase 18ct white 140.3.98, Longines 1921 Manual wind, Cartier Pasha 18ct Yellow W3004856 , Rolex Extra Prima 9ct 1924, Seiko Cocktail Time SSA345J1

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboyz View Post
    I was going to turn up and make some trite remark such as there isn't a "best" Hublot or something of that sort but I am quite impressed by the watch Zama posted and I hadn't seen one before.

The most interesting watch I think Hublot made was the Antikythera inspired by the Antikythera mechanism they found on the bottom of the sea a mechanical device that told of the eclipses and was miniaturized and put in a watch. It has an historical interest and a technical one though it was limited (not sure is a single piece or very few) and an astronomic price tag (did you see what I did there?)

For me Hublot will always be a poor attempt to be a Royal Oak and at one point they were competing at similar prices and it was a no brainer to get the AP. Now the AP stock has risen as quality always does and Hublot is a tier below but I would still advise the original formulation of a Royal Oak. Firstly it is more satisfyingly finished than the Hublot, secondly your money will always be safe in the AP and thirdly if you go with the original jumbo the thin case makes it extremely comfortable and it can be worn in any situation fitting under a cuff very nicely and being suitable for casual too.
    See, I may not be a big Hublot fan but I do disagree with a lot of what is written here. Let's dissect it...

For me Hublot will always be a poor attempt to be a Royal Oak and at one point they were competing at similar prices and it was a no brainer to get the AP.

Jean Claude Biver did an interesting interview, I think with Hodinkee, where he discusses exactly this. He says when the Big Bang was first released, people in the watch industry did not see it as similar to the royal oak. This largely because Hublot added the porthole "lips" and innovated with the first rubber strap on a luxury watch. Then over time, Royal Oak came out with the offshore and with rubber straps, and suddenly people feel they are too similar.

AP in the ROO line (again, the main competitor to Hublot) also began copying Hublot by experimenting in unusual materials like forged carbon and ceramics.

Now the AP stock has risen as quality always does and Hublot is a tier below but I would still advise the original formulation of a Royal Oak.

For three handers I absolutely agree, but not at all for chronographs. The AP ROO, the most direct competitor for a Hublot, uses a chronograph with a notoriously fragile dubuois depraz module bolted onto it. This while Hublots use the UNICO movement, which is a thoroughly modern, very impressively designed integrated chronograph. I can vouch that the pusher feel is much better on the Hublots too.

I think of the two brands, it is Hublot that has risen in quality and is innovating. AP is still using the same old DD module movements, where Hublot stuck its neck out and made the Unico instead of continuing to use ETA.

I think if you want to go 3 hander, AP is definitely the choice to make. But for a chronograph, it has to be Hublot. AP has always been playing catch up

Hublot is a brand that doesn't appeal to a lot of watch enthusiasts since many find their image and prices off putting. But they absolutely are on the cutting edge in terms of movement innovation and materials innovation.
    Daveyboyz, obomomomo and TSeay18 like this.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

To me, asking what is the best Hublot is like asking 'what is the best hangover you've ever had?' (Just down the road from 'what's the biggest mistake you've ever made?') All not so good...
    ridley likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information