Classic Fusion - Thoughts
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Classic Fusion - Thoughts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Classic Fusion - Thoughts

What are your thoughts on the Classic Fusion? I am talking about the plain 38mm & 42mm versions with date only.

Personally, I think it is an extremely beautiful and elegant watch. Obviously it is quite similar to the Royal Oak, but I believe the CF is the RO perfected, in terms of visual design.

To be honest I am not really a fan of the more visually complex Hublot designs, but I think the CF is the perfect modern sports-dress watch. Generally I like more timeless designs and I think the Classic Fusion is certainly in this category.

However, I find it difficult to get over the fact that despite the price it only has a SW300 movement. Not that I think this movement (or the ETA2892 it is based on) is bad, just that it is an inexpensive movement and I don't feel that the looks of the watch totally justify the price.

Care to change my thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by watcher900 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Classic Fusion? I am talking about the plain 38mm & 42mm versions with date only.

Personally, I think it is an extremely beautiful and elegant watch. Obviously it is quite similar to the Royal Oak, but I believe the CF is the RO perfected, in terms of visual design.

To be honest I am not really a fan of the more visually complex Hublot designs, but I think the CF is the perfect modern sports-dress watch. Generally I like more timeless designs and I think the Classic Fusion is certainly in this category.

However, I find it difficult to get over the fact that despite the price it only has a SW300 movement. Not that I think this movement (or the ETA2892 it is based on) is bad, just that it is an inexpensive movement and I don't feel that the looks of the watch totally justify the price.

Care to change my thoughts? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
    Hublot is not a watch you buy by the price of the sum of its parts, you can definitely find a better value under that criteria with other brands.

These are, anyway, good looking and quality watches. I would not judge the purchase by sole money value of the parts

Re: Classic Fusion - Thoughts

I love my CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cosmorgraph likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If only it had a locking nut, water resistance, etc and SS instead of titanium, it would qualify as a sport watch to me. Have owned a CF for about 4 years and if you're considering it I would go with something else.

I had purchased a CF 42mm blue sunburst dial instead of an AP 15400....and what a gorgeous watch. Constantly received compliments on it. I actually like the look of the CF better than the AP. And saved around $12k. Yes the CF has an ETA movement but so what? It’s a reliable workhorse, easy to service, and has been “highly modified” according to Hublot...though I’m not entirely sure what they’ve done to it. Bottom line....f you like it, buy it. I’d buy 2nd hand from a reputable seller and save $2k. They don’t hold value at all.

I wound up selling mine...and bought a Sub. But I regret it. Gorgeous watch.
    Tudor Black Bay 58
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 White Dial
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Hamilton Pan Europ Blue Dial
    Hamilton Intra-Matic Auto Chrono
    Ω Omega Seamaster Pro GMT 2538.20
    Tag Heuer Link S/el

I too am a fan of the classic fusion over the more complex Big Bangs and such. The green released last year is on my dream list. The blue is sweet too but that green is in a class by itself. I do have a similar hesitation in spending $7700 on a watch with a selita movement. The design work and detail that goes into the case partially makes up for that as well as the overall beauty of the watch on a whole...

Personally I love the Classic Fusion. I was never a big fan of the Big Bang. It also resembles the original Hublot more.

I have a 42mm black dial classic fusion, and I like it. Appears a little bigger than I was expecting because of the lug design, but its a very comfortable watch on the rubber strap, and how thin it is makes it work without feeling overly bulky.

I have a 15400 too, and it is significantly better all around for me than the CF, but I still like the Hublot at that price point.
    -Darren
    Instagram: dmb359

APRO 15400, VC Overseas, Rolex Daytona, BLNR, SubC, & YM, GO PML, Panerai PAM904,
    Speedmaster 145.022,
    Hublot CF 42, Tudor Prince Date Chrono, Oris 65, B&R v2-92,
    O&O Humboldt, Hamilton Khaki, Seiko 7a38, G-Shock
    gmwb5000

Not a big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to own the chrono edition. Fantastic watch and great feel. I will get back to those sometime for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information