Thinking of buying a Hublot
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Thinking of buying a Hublot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thinking of buying a Hublot

I am considering adding a Hublot to my collection. I was curious, of the larger sizes, what do you guys prefer? I want to explore all models and options. I am also curious how their value holds over time (if kept in mint shape)?

Chad Bender

Re: Thinking of buying a Hublot

Quote Originally Posted by cbender View Post
    I am considering adding a Hublot to my collection. I was curious, of the larger sizes, what do you guys prefer? I want to explore all models and options. I am also curious how their value holds over time (if kept in mint shape)?

Chad Bender
    Can't speak to how well they hold value, but I suspect, not well. But Floyd doesn't seem worried.

Personally, I like the 2014 LE Classic Fusion Tourbillon Cathedral Minute Repeater Carbon Fiber.

Theo Sudarja, Dan_957 and TLUX like this.

LOL! Of course, he is not worried. A person once said, "As long as they make cars and watches, Floyd will always be broke."

That is a nice watch though. Thanks for your reply!
    gward10 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cbender View Post

Chad Bender
    Certainly better investment grade options (very few watches at all are investment grade anyway) but the Big Bang Sang Bleu has to be one of the most striking and unique timepieces
    TheOneInYellow and TLUX like this.

The top of the line watches have in-house movements; their "regular" counterparts, like Classic Fusions, cost above $7K with the AD, but use generic (although nicely decorated) ETA movements. Paying 7 large for an ebouche... don't know...

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.14.01 PM.png
Views: 607
Size:  168.5 KB

Very interesting watch and fairly priced, all things considered. Might be my new favorite Hublot!
    Quote Originally Posted by osanilevich View Post
    Certainly better investment grade options (very few watches at all are investment grade anyway) but the Big Bang Sang Bleu has to be one of the most striking and unique timepieces
    TLUX likes this.

If you are worried about resale then just buy one on the used market. That's what I try to do. Just try to find one in very good condition with all papers and box.
    nicholasnick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ty423 View Post
    If you are worried about resale then just buy one on the used market. That's what I try to do. Just try to find one in very good condition with all papers and box.
    Agree. Get them pre-owned. They do not hold value. I wouldn't even consider buying a Hublot.
    nicholasnick likes this.

They don't hold value that great for new purchases. Look for a pew-owned. Also, IMO... 48mm is too big. They look huge on my wrist, so I'd look for a 44mm or smaller personally

I currently own 3 Hublots. My latest I bought earlier this year. They annually release many models and configurations and seem to be using a limited edition strategy. Their technology and innovation is definitely improving. This year's release of the MECA 10 was reviewed very favorably by the watch blogs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information