Trouble reselling hublot?

Thread: Trouble reselling hublot?

Trouble reselling hublot?

I've been eyeing many different hublot's for a while now. I've got about 30k in watches, I buy / sell / trade them every few months just to get new stuff. Im really interested in hublot, big bangs and the sang bleu.

But

I've been sufficiently warned off the brand by a lot of experienced watch guys. Saying theyre impossible to get a resale for. and id like to not get stuck with a piece for an extremely long time. Also told me that the sang bleu in particular depreciates really hard. which sounds stange to me. I dont know of many expensive watches that depreciate.

I'd like to hear everyones take

Re: Trouble reselling hublot?

Well if you can find someone who likes ugly-ass bro watches you should be able to sell it. Hang out at gyms and bars, someone will want it.

They pretty much all depreciate.

It's not as if the Sang Bleu is in particularly high demand as there seem to be plenty available on the secondary market.

It's very "different" which gives it more limited market appeal, so as with anything outside the mainstream your target market will be smaller.

How much of a hit you take depends on how much you pay for it, and how low you are prepared to drop to move it quickly.

If you love it, get it, but if resale is your primary consideration, you might want to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you can sell the Classic Fusion ones easier than some of the others. I had to sell a Unico model to cover some sudden expenses, and lost about $3500 on it. I've seen the Classic Fusions Aerofusion I have selling for close to what I paid for it. I still have the Aerofusion.

Quote Originally Posted by rvbert8 View Post
    I think you can sell the Classic Fusion ones easier than some of the others. I had to sell a Unico model to cover some sudden expenses, and lost about $3500 on it. I've seen the Classic Fusions Aerofusion I have selling for close to what I paid for it. I still have the Aerofusion.
    Thank you for actually useful information. I'll keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by mharris660 View Post
    Well if you can find someone who likes ugly-ass bro watches you should be able to sell it. Hang out at gyms and bars, someone will want it.
    Why are you commenting this on a hublot forum?

Any thoughts of buying second hand? If they are hard to sell on and depreciate as folks say they do, why not reduce your risk and see if you can make some space in another's watch cabinet?

I heard similar and experienced a bit of a hit selling my classic fusion. I bought the blue dial 42mm for around $5400 out the door from an AD and sold it for just under $4k about a year later. I thought about buying used (which I normally do) but Hublot replicas are so prevalent that I didn’t want to risk being scammed. As much as I like the look of the classic fusion, it always irked me that I paid over $5k for a watch with a $200 ETA movement.
    fortitudine vincimus - HH

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300 White Dial
    Tudor
    Black Bay 58
    Omega Ω Seamaster GMT 2538.20 “Great White”
    Panerai Luminor 112
    Zenith Defy Classic Openworked

Thread Information