About 20 year old Omega De Ville, fake or not?

Thread: About 20 year old Omega De Ville, fake or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

About 20 year old Omega De Ville, fake or not?

Dear Omega forum, I'd like to ask if this watch down here is real or not.

It's my father's watch, he bought it about 20 years ago, I have no knowledge of this watch, he said something about numbers on the back, which it does have, 4 numbers (if you can't see). Can someone please help me with this, I'm very curious as to if it is real or not. It's real gold since he has used it for 20 years and it actually has some scratches on the back, not on the side with the gold on it though. Any help would be appreciated!

Check the attachments please, and don't bash me if it's fake, I'll be sad if it is anyways, LoL.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by OmegaShenron; June 25th, 2010 at 18:34.

Banned

Re: About 20 year old Omega De Ville, fake or not?

Welcome. I'm sorry to say this, but we can barely tell that's a watch from those pictures. Turn the camera's macro function on (push the button with the flower) and post some clear shots. Thanks!

I really can't seem to take any good shots of the watch, I might aswell go to A jeweler and ask him, I did the macro thing that you told me to do, my phone is the Sony Ericson Vivaz by the way, but the best ones I have are those up there, which is kind-of pathetic... Any tips on who to ask? Would A regular jeweler know? Thanks!

Edit: and if anyone recognises this watch, but there is something wrong with it (its beďng fake) please do reply! I'll try and tell you as much about the watch as I can see if you want to, just post please.
    Last edited by OmegaShenron; June 25th, 2010 at 00:25.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaShenron View Post
    I really can't seem to take any good shots of the watch, I might aswell go to A jeweler and ask him, I did the macro thing that you told me to do, my phone is the Sony Ericson Vivaz by the way, but the best ones I have are those up there, which is kind-of pathetic... Any tips on who to ask? Would A regular jeweler know? Thanks!

Edit: and if anyone recognises this watch, but there is something wrong with it (its beďng fake) please do reply! I'll try and tell you as much about the watch as I can see if you want to, just post please.
    I think its an authentic quartz deville. But the pics are truly blurry and I say that only because its not a very common model to fake and especially not 20 years ago.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

I feel so bad about not posting A good picture, I will try again later on with A better camera(phone). And I forgot to ask but my father said he bought it for 3Ksomething, I seriously doubted that and he started shouting ''Omegas don't sell for under 3000 dollars''. Can anyone confirm this? It feels kind-of light, why is it so expensive? And can someone please tell me if A normal jeweler can spot A real one and A fake one.
    Oh and he also told me his number that is on the back of the watch is registered in Switzerland or something, so it's his unique watch and I was wondering if I could call someone and tell him/her the number and they tell me who's watch it is? And it says ''Swiss Made'' at the bottom, the numbers that you can see are 3,6,9,12. The inside at the front says Omega with the sign on top, De Ville at the bottom. The back-side has the 4-digit code, and it says QUARTZ right above it. And the clip which you use to attach the two ends together has A Omega symbol on it aswell (check the attachments).

Edit: I found some text right behind the clip with another sort-of code (EX1391.071 with A circled number 42 next to it). I'll post the picture but it says:

OMEGA
    *omega sign* EX1391.071(circled 42).
    STAINLESS STEEL

Edit2: I'll probably go to hell for not trusting my dad on the authenticity of the watch..

Edit3: GG I can't even take A normal picture of the back of the clip to show you all, but it is behind the clip with the Omega symbol which you can see at the attachments from the first post, it says exactly this:

OMEGA
    STAINLESS STEEL

Thank you both for posting, very appreciated!
    Any help on this post would be véry helpful!
    Last edited by OmegaShenron; June 25th, 2010 at 01:17.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaShenron View Post
    I feel so bad about not posting A good picture, I will try again later on with A better camera(phone). And I forgot to ask but my father said he bought it for 3Ksomething, I seriously doubted that and he started shouting ''Omegas don't sell for under 3000 dollars''. Can anyone confirm this? It feels kind-of light, why is it so expensive? And can someone please tell me if A normal jeweler can spot A real one and A fake one.
    Oh and he also told me his number that is on the back of the watch is registered in Switzerland or something, so it's his unique watch and I was wondering if I could call someone and tell him/her the number and they tell me who's watch it is? And it says ''Swiss Made'' at the bottom, the numbers that you can see are 3,6,9,12. The inside at the front says Omega with the sign on top, De Ville at the bottom. The back-side has the 4-digit code, and it says QUARTZ right above it. And the clip which you use to attach the two ends together has A Omega symbol on it aswell (check the attachments).

Edit: I found some text right behind the clip with another sort-of code (EX1391.071 with A circled number 42 next to it). I'll post the picture but it says:

OMEGA
    STAINLESS STEEL

Edit2: I'll probably go to hell for not trusting my dad on the authenticity of the watch..

Edit3: GG I can't even take A normal picture of the back of the clip to show you all, but it is behind the clip with the Omega symbol which you can see at the attachments from the first post, it says exactly this:

OMEGA
    STAINLESS STEEL

Thank you both for posting, very appreciated!
    Any help on this post would be véry helpful!
    Someone else should be able to tell you exactly what model you have. But why do you doubt your father? I just don;t see that this is a watch that was faked. It could have been that much money based on the solid gold with gold bracelet factor. That price is not outrageous even if it is a lot. And you can get an Omega for less than $3000 but the better models are all well over a $1500 and most are much more.

when you take tje caseback off there will be a serial number which can be looked up on the Omega database and you can establish date of manu. as well as authenticity I would think. Tale it to a jeweler and have the battery replaced {unless it is an auto.. The jeweler will tell you want you want to know.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thank you for helping DaBaeker, you're right I should of believed him...
    But one more question, where is this database? I really am not looking
    forward on replacing the battery just to get the serial number, is there
    really no other way? I'm very sorry for asking tons of questions, but I'm A very
    stubborn person and always have to know everything...

Edit: I will be going to A fine jeweler tomorrow to ask about it and add his answer to this thread.
    Last edited by OmegaShenron; June 25th, 2010 at 04:44.

Hope that's not the seller's pic~Cheers!

them pics are so poor i could do better with a cardboard box with small hole like the ones you made at school lol

phonesare no good for taking good close ups you will need a compact camera but dont hold to close to the watch.

To Beau8, if you read my post there is no such thing as A seller involved, it's my father's watch, and he gave it to me after I had acquired my dream job but this has nothing to do with that. To joeuk: I will ask A jeweler today if it is real or not, if that does not work I WILL post A better picture on this thread, since I believe all of you are watch collectors. Big ups to the ones that have helped me in this thread, especially DaBaeker. I wish there was like A reputation bar which I could give him 5 stars for or something, LoL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information