Ebay Omega SMP 2223.80.00 Real or Fake? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ebay Omega SMP 2223.80.00 Real or Fake?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebay Omega SMP 2223.80.00 Real or Fake?

It’s a terrible fake. IMO the watch in the picture with bond and the other pictures are two different watches. I think the watch in the bond picture is real and all the rest are of a fake. Compare the hands and the crown, they are totally different. The dial indices are also massive.... way bigger than they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Ebay Omega SMP 2223.80.00 Real or Fake?

Quote Originally Posted by momedic View Post
    It’s a terrible fake. IMO the watch in the picture with bond and the other pictures are two different watches. I think the watch in the bond picture is real and all the rest are of a fake. Compare the hands and the crown, they are totally different. The dial indices are also massive.... way bigger than they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Good point. I didn't bother to look at the other pictures given the awful quality, but you are spot on that those are two different watches.

Well this is going to be fun. - Either it's a fake or the pictures are just trash. Asked the seller for better pictures and some additional details. In photo #1 the hands appear to be different vs. photo #2 but in this photo they look the same (didn't upload it) perhaps it's the bad lighting? So if pic #1 could be genuine maybe the rest are of the same watch? We will see.

Name:  s-l500 (5).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  29.9 KB

The seller has also been a member since 2009 and has various other high end/vintage watches for sale. Doesn't look like a dud account as of now based on the feedback history. Recently someone bought a Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional for $3,000 and left positive feedback. Few other high dollar transactions with US buyers. Still sketchy because ebay but buyer protection never let me down yet. Only had to use it once or twice for broken goods.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chessnotcheckers View Post
    Well this is going to be fun. - Either it's a fake or the pictures are just trash. Asked the seller for better pictures and some additional details. In photo #1 the hands appear to be different vs. photo #2 but in this photo they look the same (didn't upload it) perhaps it's the bad lighting? So if pic #1 could be genuine maybe the rest are of the same watch? We will see.

Name:  s-l500 (5).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  29.9 KB The seller has also been a member since 2009 and has various other high end/vintage watches for sale. Doesn't look like a dud account as of now based on the feedback history. Recently someone bought a Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional for $3,000 and left positive feedback. Few other high dollar transactions with US buyers. Still sketchy because ebay but buyer protection never let me down yet. Only had to use it once or twice for broken goods.
    It isn't easy to take such awful pictures. Even the worst cellphone takes better pictures. The first picture with "James Bond" was perfectly fine.

Accordingly, you need ask "what is the seller trying to hide?"

Sorry, even if it turns out to be real, a buyer has to be a complete idiot to make a purchase based on these pictures. The eBay "buyer protection" may (or may not) cover you, but it will still be a huge pain in the neck.

Why don't you link to the auction, but in the meantime tell us this - are the photos in the other auctions equally as bad?

Quote Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
    While nothing jumps out to scream "fake", a buyer would have to be a complete idiot to buy anything from those pictures.

And it is unwise for you to make such a definitive statement that may cause a customer a lot of grief.
    I understand what I'm saying. The man asked for help . Pay attention to the location of the valve. Its axis is directed to the date window. It's the right watch. In fake watches the valve is directed to the Central axis of the watch hands.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksejeremeev View Post
    I understand what I'm saying. The man asked for help . Pay attention to the location of the valve. Its axis is directed to the date window. It's the right watch. In fake watches the valve is directed to the Central axis of the watch hands.
    Nyet. You cannot authenticate a watch just because one indicator is correct.

I'm not just one indicator. Signed the extreme link of the bracelet. The right pearl. Red mark on the lid of the watch. The clock didn't open. All this says that the original watch.

I give up.

I was upset. let's talk.))))))). I had a watch like that . so I'm familiar with the signs of forgery and originality.

Listen to cb1111. Could be genuine but cannot be sure with those photos.

Anyone selling a genuine Omega with horrible photos like these will not get fair market value. But people do strange things sometimes. Tempting to take a risk if the price is right.

Also consider that if the photos too poor to authenticate they will probably not show condition issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information