Omega GENEVE Questions

Thread: Omega GENEVE Questions

Omega GENEVE Questions

I recently aquired an older Omega GENEVE, I don't think it's a fake but I've noticed the text "GENEVE" on the dial is printed in all uppercase lettering, or capital letters.
    The watch came in a keepsake box with other fine jewelery, stored long term, musty, hirsch lizard band, loses aprox 5 minutes a day, prob needs service, it's an automatic date geneve model, and from all the images I've viewed online, I have not seen a dial face with Capital letters for the text GENEVE.
    It also does not have any trace of the words "Swiss Made" I've used a loop to look. Bezel does not have Omega symol etched in the glass either, it does have Omega symbol and text with circle on threaded back cover. Hour reference points will glow for a minute immediately after shining bright light on face.
    I read somewhere their was a court case Omega was involved in, for using gene've name, and wonder if this was maybe mfg during this time period.
    Any and all information on this peculiararity is appreciated, along with any info at all.
    Thanks
    Last edited by richief; July 15th, 2013 at 20:57.

Re: Omega GENEVE Questions

a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Omega GENEVE Questions

Not a great photo. Can we get a photo of the back. If the omega word and logo is on the outside of the caseback (ie visible when you turn the watch over) it is probably a fake

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thread Information