Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-68 - pre moon-landing

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-68 - pre moon-landing

Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-68 - pre moon-landing

Hello,

I am so much a newby as to be unable to post links or photos, so please bear with me!

I came across an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022 with the 861 movement in it. I had the jeweller who was selling it remove the caseback and I examined the serial number which, when I checked in the Moonwatch Only book did seem to line up with the model being sold (I don't have the number on hand, but it was a later one). It's a transitional model and does not have any reference to the moon landing. So, I did buy the watch, but being pretty new at this I did not realise until I got it home that the pushers come from a Flightmaster, not a Speedmaster.

The dial, hands, case and movement all look like the real deal. Quite handsomely worn and patina'd. The bezel is faded to a "ghost" colour. The inside of the case back does have a reference to -68 in it. It all looks original to me. Only the pushers appear to be wrong. How concerned should I be? I don't imagine selling it on to anyone, I got a decent deal on it and I think it looks super cool.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Shakespeared

Re: Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-68 - pre moon-landing

Not much we can say without photos but if you think parts have been switched out, then you need to ask yourself "what else is wrong?" Finding a 145.022 in decent original condition isn't common - most are cobbled together from many different watches.

Thread Information