Favorite Luxury Vacation Site?
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Favorite Luxury Vacation Site?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Favorite Luxury Vacation Site?

So, we've been more willing in recent years to upgrade our travel, and we've taken some nice vacations.

I'm always up for new recommendations to save for further research, so I thought I'd ask:

What's YOUR favorite luxury vacation? Where and Why?
    unirest1 likes this.

Re: Favorite Luxury Vacation Site?

Zante, Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepperdw View Post
    Zante, Greece.
    Why?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sandi_k View Post
    Why?
    Is an explanation necessary?

Name:  Zante-BAn4.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  191.2 KB
    Kittysafe, sandi_k, amine and 7 others like this.

I was going to say a long weekend at The Drake in Chicago, but after seeing that picture, I'm having second thoughts. :)
    Shepperdw and sandi_k like this.

Bali, and stay at both of the Four Seasons.

IWC Portuguese Automatic 7 Day; Heuer Monaco CS2111; Laco 55mm LE B-Dial; Marathon Jumbo Day Date; Movado Museum Piece; Garmin fenix; Casio G-Shock DW-5600C; Victorinox Titanium; Mickey Mouse Watch

This time of year Zermatt Switzerland, stay in the Grand Hotel Zematterhof, get a room with a view of the Matterhorn. This assumes you are a skier or want to learn or just like the mountains. One thing you do NOT have to deal with in Zermatt is traffic, since the only cars are official ones. Lake Geneva is also awesome.

The opposite approach is Maui or Kauia.

For quick getaways my wife and I love Lake Tahoe any season, lots of great stuff to do if you are the outdoorsy type no matter what season it is. However, be aware there are a couple of dead zones between winter and summer when you can no longer ski and the boating/kayaking and other water sports rentals are closed.

Another CONUS favorite of ours is Napa. We love the food more than the wine. We like to stay at Bardessona in Yountville (the best dining in Napa is walking distance). Certainly eating at The French Laundry is a must IF you can get a reservation, meal and wine for 2 will run $700 or so, but one of the best restaurants in the US. Bouchon is Keller's Michelin one star in Yountville opened to appease those that can't get FL reservations, also get some treats at the Bouchon Bakery and try Ad Hoc for more homey food. Also try to find out what day Addendum (behind Ad Hoc) is serving fried chicken box lunches, it is a must have. As you can see you can eat a lot in Napa even if you only eat at Thomas Keller joints! Also if you eat at any of the non-tasting menu Keller restaurants (especially Bouchon) don't gloss over the chicken, I usually see chicken as the non-foody menu item for the "safe" people, BUT Keller is known for chicken. Now that I am finished with Keller actually my favorite is Redd several of my favorite dishes I have ever had were there, my absolute favorite was a petrole sole over jasmine rice with chorizo in a saffron curry nage, I can't even begin to describe that experience. As with almost every restaurant (that has one) I suggest getting the tasting menu, Redd usually has two, we always get one of each and the wine pairings for each and switch mid-way through each course. It ends up like a 10 course meal with 10 different wines. Sorry I rambled on, I stopped before I went through about 10 other Napa restaurants! As you can probably tell my wife and I love food!
    shnjb and unirest1 like this.

Ours is the British Virgin Islands. We've been there twice, the USVI once, and we're going back to BVI in February. Yay!

Depends on the time/money budget. For a week or two I like Hawaii (Kona). Easy, predictable, warm, pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by thm655321 View Post
    Bali, and stay at both of the Four Seasons.
    I haven't been to Bali yet, but I've heard good things from several different people.

For a relaxing getaway from crowds, the Maldives are nice and quiet.

Italy (all of it) is my favorite European destination.
    unirest1 likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information