Fragrances! - Page 11
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Fragrances!

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Re: Fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by twiceaday View Post
    The Bay Rum is like an aftershave, but the other three are colognes.

If I spilled all four of them at once my house would smell like a retirement home.
    I searched Royall Lime and it came up as Lotion/Cologne. Like the same bottle. Not two different ones. So, the question remains, is manly lotion, manly? (just kidding, I know what the deal is :P. I just find it funny being an American)

Last edited by Shepperdw; November 17th, 2013 at 17:13. Reason: American Grammar

Royall Lyme is thin as water. I'm assuming the name lotion had a different meaning years ago. I splash it on my body or use it on my face if I've just shaved.
    It's great stuff. Just remember that like all citrus scents, the lime is fleeting. It's chemistry - not much we can do about it. It leaves behind some spicier notes.
    If you're interested in trying it, I believe Barclay Crocker sells a Royall sampler pack.

Sent from the future with Tapatalk 2027

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
    Royall Lyme is thin as water. I'm assuming the name lotion had a different meaning years ago. I splash it on my body or use it on my face if I've just shaved.
    It's great stuff. Just remember that like all citrus scents, the lime is fleeting. It's chemistry - not much we can do about it. It leaves behind some spicier notes.
    If you're interested in trying it, I believe Barclay Crocker sells a Royall sampler pack.

Sent from the future with Tapatalk 2027
    Lotion is synonymous with cologne depending on where you are. In those areas, they use the term balm instead of lotion. I've ran into this before, but it's still funny to me. They said that in the video I posted :P. I was just messing with twiceaday
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shepperdw View Post
    I searched Royall Lime and it came up as Lotion/Cologne. Like the same bottle. Not two different ones. So, the question remains, is manly lotion, manly? (just kidding, I know what the deal is :P. I just find it funny being an American)
    Yeah, it's pretty manly. The first time I wore it I lifted a pick-up truck off an injured motorist at the scene of an accident.

I think it has something to do with the extra "L" in the name. :)
    no-fi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
    This is very true, and honestly, it should be true for all scents. The guys that hit the bar smelling like the perfume counter at Macy's are doing it wrong.

The old rule of thumb is: A woman shouldn't be able to smell your cologne unless she's dancing with you or closer.

This is very true, and honestly, it should be true for all scents. The guys that hit the bar smelling like the perfume counter at Macy's are doing it wrong.

The old rule of thumb is: A woman shouldn't be able to smell your cologne unless she's dancing with you or closer.
    Oh, man I shouldn't have come here 'cause it opens up the wounds from my (naive) youth. In my early high school years, I would literally pour whatever "fragrance" was available (I can't even remember the names) on me before leavin' for the date. When I think back about those girls (women now, obviously) I shudder to think what ran through their minds, though not one said anything then. They're probably still talkin' 'bout it as I write . . . . . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Old rule of thumb: Wear less than 2 sprays of something from the Chanel or Creed line, and you should be free of embarrassment.

Most women don't care what cologne you wear as long as you don't choke them out. But a fragrance they really like can be a nice touch ;)

For the past few years I've really been into the A*men flankers. So it's been...

Fall/Winter: A*men Pure Havanne and Taste of Fragrence
    Spring: A*men Pure Shot
    Summer: Creed Virgin Island Water
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Only one I bought for me was a cheap , 10€ Zara cologne I bought, and it smelled incredible...

Gifted I have : Massimo Dutti fragrance, BOSS Night and Day, and a few others....none too expensive, love specially the smell of those I mentioned, although Massimo Dutti is slightly too sweet scented....

as after-shave I use Old Spice....like my father and grand-father..it just smells like shaving too me ..could not use any other
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information