Fragrances! - Page 12
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Fragrances!

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Re: Fragrances!

Right now I've been using good old fashioned Pinaud Clubman after shave tonic. But I've used Thierry Mugler cologne/after shave and it was great, but $80 for after shave? I got it as a gift but would never pay that.
    twiceaday likes this.

When I was a little sprout I used to get my hair cut at an old school barber shop (they were everywhere back then!). The guy that ran the place would put Clubman on his hands and rub them through my hair after a haircut. That stuff smells great.

Boss Bottled is my usual, with vintage Givenchy Xerius (a 20 year old bottle) for special occasions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What are some colognes which are not readily available at sephora?
    newb watch collector/high-end watch admirer

Quote Originally Posted by shnjb View Post
    What are some colognes which are not readily available at sephora?
    There are thousands of colognes not available at Sephora. Sephora is pretty good for common designer brands but that's about it. They don't carry the more expensive designer brands or many niche brands. Though niche brands can go from $100 to $500 a bottle. It all depends on what you're looking for.

A few of the top niche brands that I don't think will be in Sephora are Creed, Tom Ford, Jo Malone, Bond No. 9, Tauer, and Frapin (and hundreds more).

If you are looking for a particular scent or note you can go to Fragrantica.com and see the breakdown and opinions of many colognes. Bassnotes is pretty good too.

Thankfully, I found this thread and it gave me the idea to see what is one the Thierry Mugler site and I found out that they re-released A*Men Pure Malt. I've been looking for it for years but since it was limited and discontinued in 2009 it has been ridiculously expensive. Now that it is re-released I was able to order it for retail. Very excited! I may also go order Creed Green Irish Tweed for the spring.
    ChiefWahoo and shnjb like this.

Hey Shep, I saw you mention Rochas Man in a reply to me, going so far as to say it's better, (in your opinion), so I might pick up a bottle and test that...

I usually just buy some good fragrances that are easilly available. I did try some Creed today, which I thought was way over priced. Smelled great and all, but I think stuff like Hugo Boss, Yves Saint Laurent and stuff like that. It's quite less expensive and it doesn't last as long and might not be as refined, but I can have more variety (I have 6 different ones at home) and I can switch them every so often.

And as it has been said, don't go overboard on the stuff, keep it in good tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    Hey Shep, I saw you mention Rochas Man in a reply to me, going so far as to say it's better, (in your opinion), so I might pick up a bottle and test that...
    I highly recommend it. it's only like $20 for a 1.7 on Amazon I think. The lavender is more present than you would think, but it is very classy and blended very well.

I have a decent collection of colognes......for all I know they are all useless now. I have not used cologne in nearly a decade. I now prefer a good soap and deodorant. Oddly enough, I have still purchased 2-3 bottles of fragrance that I found interesting for smell, branding, or bottle design. I would say that my favorite is probably Burberry though.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I have a decent collection of colognes......for all I know they are all useless now. I have not used cologne in nearly a decade. I now prefer a good soap and deodorant. Oddly enough, I have still purchased 2-3 bottles of fragrance that I found interesting for smell, branding, or bottle design. I would say that my favorite is probably Burberry though.

If you kept them in a cool dark place away from moisture, mainly the dark place, they should be fine.
    Mediocre likes this.

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information