Fragrances! - Page 7
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Fragrances!

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Re: Fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by Shepperdw View Post
    Looks like you haven't really used much of ANY of your juice man.
    That Cool Water was given to me by my first real love when I was 20... so ya, I don't use cologne all that often...
    The Burberry I've had for 2 years, the Bond No.9 I bought a few months ago.

A good cologne goes a long way though, I do not believe in drowning myself in it, just a light glimmer, someone should
    smell it in passing, not like a full force beating ;)

In order of preference...

Odori - Tabacco (unbelievable, my favourite by a mile)
    Bois - real patchouli
    Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood
    Creed - Vetiver
    Amouage - Silver

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Not just my body, my watches need to be fragrant, too :) is there any good perfume for watches?
    tatooist77 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When using cologne, even if it does not have a spritzer to apply it, make sure that you don’t splash cologne on yourself.
    You might not think it is strong, but your perfume should never announce your presence. Only someone standing close enough to you to have a conversation should be able to smell your cologne. It should be discreet and classy and not overpowering! If you have trouble taking out a small amount, just transfer the cologne into a spritzer before applying it.

Thought the general rule of applying perfume says, apply it to your pulse points, that does not mean applying it to ALL your pulse points! Choose a couple of pulse points, maybe your neck and your wrists and only apply it there. Again this is the rule about not overwhelming people with your cologne.

Do not ever apply cologne or spray it on your clothes. Not only does it evaporate more quickly, it might also stain your clothes. While it might be ok to do this with a deodorant, a cologne has a concentrated amount of alcohol with other ingredients, so it’s best to apply it to your skin.

Tips and tricks

Always store your cologne bottles in a dark, dry place. Storing them in a place where they are constantly exposed to the sun will make it lose its smell faster.

When you use a spritzer to spray cologne on, make sure you keep the nozzle at least 10 inches away from your skin

Do not confuse smells. Don’t bathe using a strong scented soap and then apply cologne with different notes. Instead, enhance the efficacy of your cologne by using a shower gel or soap by the same brand or else use an unscented moisturizer and soap before applying cologne.

Xpert tip: Please remember that cologne is meant to give you a pleasant, lingering fragrance, but it is definitely not meant to disguise body odor. There is no way you can mask poor hygiene and body odor with cologne. In fact, the smell of cologne, when mixed with body odor, gives off a distinctively unpleasant smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    That Cool Water was given to me by my first real love when I was 20... so ya, I don't use cologne all that often...
    The Burberry I've had for 2 years, the Bond No.9 I bought a few months ago.

A good cologne goes a long way though, I do not believe in drowning myself in it, just a light glimmer, someone should
    smell it in passing, not like a full force beating ;)
    I wear a fragrance every day, so even if I don't spray much, I can still use up a whole bottle every once in a while (but I have only used two entire bottles in my life (50ml, I have a lot)

When using cologne, even if it does not have a spritzer to apply it, make sure that you don’t splash cologne on yourself.
    You might not think it is strong, but your perfume should never announce your presence. Only someone standing close enough to you to have a conversation should be able to smell your cologne. It should be discreet and classy and not overpowering! If you have trouble taking out a small amount, just transfer the cologne into a spritzer before applying it.

Thought the general rule of applying perfume says, apply it to your pulse points, that does not mean applying it to ALL your pulse points! Choose a couple of pulse points, maybe your neck and your wrists and only apply it there. Again this is the rule about not overwhelming people with your cologne.

Do not ever apply cologne or spray it on your clothes. Not only does it evaporate more quickly, it might also stain your clothes. While it might be ok to do this with a deodorant, a cologne has a concentrated amount of alcohol with other ingredients, so it’s best to apply it to your skin.

Tips and tricks

Always store your cologne bottles in a dark, dry place. Storing them in a place where they are constantly exposed to the sun will make it lose its smell faster.

When you use a spritzer to spray cologne on, make sure you keep the nozzle at least 10 inches away from your skin

Do not confuse smells. Don’t bathe using a strong scented soap and then apply cologne with different notes. Instead, enhance the efficacy of your cologne by using a shower gel or soap by the same brand or else use an unscented moisturizer and soap before applying cologne.

Xpert tip: Please remember that cologne is meant to give you a pleasant, lingering fragrance, but it is definitely not meant to disguise body odor. There is no way you can mask poor hygiene and body odor with cologne. In fact, the smell of cologne, when mixed with body odor, gives off a distinctively unpleasant smell.
    Lol at Kittysafe copy and pasting. I disagree with almost half of this. I agree with the first two paragraphs. I've never had issues with colognes staining clothes, but I can see where this might be an issue with lighter clothing and dark fragrances. The reason why a person would not want to spray their clothes is that the fragrance lasts longer and the fragrance smells different (for several different reasons) on your clothes. For example, your skin could be at the mid-notes, while your clothes are at the top-notes creating an odd scent. However, if you have a fairly linear and/or light fragrance, it might even be BETTER to spray it on your clothes, because it will give you more longevity. Now, seeing as you wear a powerhouse fragrance, I would say that you cannot get by at all wearing New Haarlem on your clothes, but you could easily get by with Versace Pour Homme on your clothes. Yes, always store it in a dark place, and a little cool (but not refrigerator cool). 10 inches from your skin... Depends, but most of the time not. If the scent is overwhelming your nose, then try it far back. I spray most of mine 2-3 inches back though. Use unscented soap/deodorant. Remember that a fragrance will be stronger if your skin is better moisturized, so if you have fragrance performance issues, try unscented lotion. I have very dry skin, so I typically have to spray more than the average person. New Haarlem is pretty strong/quality stuff, so I wouldn't go over 2-3 sprays probably, but most could probably get by with one. Remember, you don't always have to be super-understated with your fragrances but do don't spray so much you give someone an allergic reaction or an asthma attack, and tone it down when in close environments. And yes, taking showers is important.

P.S. I stick to the chest and neck. I wear a watch, so I don't want my watch smelling like my cologne. Your wrists also get a lot warmer, so they speed up the scent of the fragrance, and it doesn't last as long there anyways.
    Last edited by Shepperdw; July 10th, 2013 at 01:01.

I had a friend who actually listened to a salesperson and tried spraying his fragrance in the air and walking under it (Gucci Pour Homme), with one spray. LOL. Oh lord, needless to say, he was confused why nobody could smell him, and why he couldn't smell himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepperdw View Post
    I had a friend who actually listened to a salesperson and tried spraying his fragrance in the air and walking under it (Gucci Pour Homme), with one spray. LOL. Oh lord, needless to say, he was confused why nobody could smell him, and why he couldn't smell himself.
    Depends on the cologne... for example my Burberry is so strong that the walk method works well.
    I only put a single spray on my chest and never on my ankles or wrist because I have pets and they don't need their brains confused, they get a lot of their environmental groundedness from being able to smell themselves in their environment.

Depends on the cologne... for example my Burberry is so strong that the walk method works well.
    I only put a single spray on my chest and never on my ankles or wrist because I have pets and they don't need their brains confused, they get a lot of their environmental groundedness from being able to smell themselves in their environment.
    Burberry Touch isn't THAT strong at ALL, at least when I encountered it. I've never heard of it regarded as a strong scent either. Perhaps you are sensitive/allergic to the scent a bit if you feel it is that strong to you. Now, Haarlem can easily fill a room, at least when I tested it. It is also considered a rather powerful fragrance and it is more natural, so you would be less likely to be sensitive to it, and it could be causing olefactory fatigue if you feel it doesn't last very long. I have dry skin, and it lasted 12+ hours when I tested it. I would still like you to pick up a bottle of Rochas man (50 ml is only $20). It's in the same vein as Haarlem, but lighter, and goes more towards a cappuccino/french vanilla vibe with a hint of lavender instead of going the black coffee route.

It is true I am highly sensitive, I can't wear any jewelry with nickel because of that, works for me though, my cologne goes further :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
    I find Pinaud BR very clove-y. Quality juice, just not my taste. I had a sample of the SR, but I forget what I thought. LOL.
    Check out Garry's Sample Shop if you want to try more samples. He's a great guy and ships right away. Actually bought my first high-end sample, Knize Ten, from him recently. Too strong for summer, but I'll try it again this winter, and look for him to carry other higher-end offerings.

Sent from the future with Tapatalk 2027
    BR is very clove-y as you said and I'm getting a lot of citrus too. SR is ok. Initial scent is old man, but I actually like what it's turned into. Spicy and subtle.

Checked the samples dude. Nothin really appealed to me, but I'll keep checking back.
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information