WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Have a preferred choice in what car you drive?...

131K views 944 replies 509 participants last post by  jcp123 
#1 ·
Just one particular vehicle, please.. :)
Best,
Ron

#10 · (Edited)
Defender 110: Best iconic SUV ever. One day, one day soon!

I currently own 3 BMW's, and my 1989 635Csi is the favorite.

#13 · (Edited)
Absolutely dynamite cars the Grand Nationals. They kept the "Muscle Car" vibe alive during a really bad spell! I had 2 BMW's, a 328i (96) and a 528i (98) that I really liked also. Of course, I really wanted an "M", but couldn't swing that back in the day with kids and all.

Haha! Of course I really want a Rolex Sub or GMT also, but can't swing that either! Some Day................(hopefully, if I hit the friggin" lottery!)

#16 ·
Preferred choice for what I drive? Kind of a vague question. Preferred among the cars I currently own, have owned in the past, or, if money was no object, what would be my go-to choice?

#17 ·
Trying to be more specific, I would say the car you would choose as your all around favorite for any purpose... daily driver, weekends, fair weather, all terrain, etc. If you don't have one particular vehicle in mind, go ahead and list your three choices in exactly the order you mentioned if you like. Certainly there are cars we have owned that we regret selling/losing and others which may be wishful thinking. Those vehicles could be your numbers two and three and if you're lucky, the car you drive today would be your number one choice. :)
Best,
Ron

#23 ·
I truly enjoyed my 335. It is hard to beat the combination of practicality and fun all-in-one. As mine passed 60K miles though, it just did not hold up well. :(

If I was still single with no kids, then RX7 with swapped LS1, most fun car ever, but since that is not the case, next best thing Dodge Megacab with 5.9 Cummins....
I always wanted an FD until I had one. I did not realize the interior was so small.....it's like a better looking Miata!

#22 ·
If I was still single with no kids, then RX7 with swapped LS1, most fun car ever, but since that is not the case, next best thing Dodge Megacab with 5.9 Cummins....

#28 ·
View attachment 1380642

Would love one!

But my standard XR5 is brilliant, family run around, then hot hatch pocket rocket when I want to have fun...

Buzz
Great RS !

On the question, i may pick something else

Fun/track car; porsche 964 or a bowler wildcat offroad car
Family car; still my '11 focus, enough fun to save transport ratio.
Motorcycle; bmw s1000r(r) by a mile followed by other motorcycles

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

#27 ·
From 1970 until 1983 I owned and drove daily a few very nice show and racing (A production and B production) C3 Corvettes. Wish I had kept a couple of them even if only for how much more incredibly valuable they would be today. :roll: o| Always fancied having a 427 Cobra, original or replica, but only for the brutally beautiful lines of its design. Aging gracefully (?) :roll:, my late wife and I transitioned into Sedan Devilles in the late 80's for comfort and convenience. :think: After my wife passed early last year I sold or gave away some vehicles, found my "grail" car online and had it shipped to me in Texas from a collector in California. It's a very low mileage and quite rare "Collector Series" Cadillac Eldorado. Last of the Eldorado's built, it has several unique features separating it from a "standard" Cadillac Eldorado ETC. It is as tight, quiet and comfortable as the day it rolled off the line. I absolutely love this car and hope to keep it many years if I'm lucky. My granddaughter calls it Pawpaw's "hot rod" and I don't think she's far from wrong. :think: For me, hittin' the road with the Bose sound system cranked way up playing hardcore Southern Rock is a convenient way to destroy what hearing I have left... ;-):-d
Best,
Ron

#346 ·
Found and scanned a nearly forty year old snapshot of my then five year old daughter posing with one of my three C3's. With respect to other poster's opinions in this thread regarding "best sounding" exhaust, I would submit the deep throated blast of an original All American V8 through a set of Hooker side pipes is "Rock n' Roll" music for the ages... ;-) :-d

Found one more...

#30 ·
would love to drive a Volkswagen Golf GTI or one of the old R32s...but sadly with car prices insanely high where i live, that's not going to happen, just doesn't make sense financially, especially when a small Honda/Hyundai/Nisaan/Mazda will set me back 100,000 USD here and i live only 5 minuted walk from a subway station.

#34 · (Edited)
Am a huge fan of Pontiacs. Your 66 has the the 389? If so, great engine!! It could be the 421 HO (I seem to recall that one in that year) but that would have to be a HP version I think.

My folks had a 389 Catalina (1965) that was just a beast. I used to kick ass on camaros and firebirds and all with this car and it was on a 2 barrel 4 door sedan. Those were indeed the days....