Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I know you said luxury - but for $35 000, in a used car, I'm taking a close look at the nicest, newest Mustang GT I can find. Not a traditional 'luxury' brand, but loaded with cool tech, fun to drive, and seats 4 people without issue (though not necessarily in comfort).

If you want something more luxury oriented, I'd forego the Maserati but try to stick to the charm of an Italian sports sedan with the Alfa Romeo Giulia. I've heard reliability is a *bit* hit or miss, but newish, with a remaining warranty, and you should be alright. Certainly no worse off than with the Maserati. Plus, I've heard nothing but amazing things about the car, and its driving dynamics.

A final option - and one that I think would be sorely tempting - is the Kia Stinger. Once you get your mind around the badge - it's an incredible car that does everything more traditional luxury / sports cars do, but better, cheaper, and more reliably. It's also one that you could get new, and fully loaded, in, or near your price range. Or, save some money and buy lightly used.
    Lol “though not necessarily in comfort” the 5.0 mustangs are actually pretty nice cars but not what I’m looking for at the moment. Alfas seem pretty nice but haven’t really had close experience with one but I heard they’re pretty much like Maserati’s Italian after all. Stinger is a unique choice.

Update
    This will be a car that i’ll take out on occasions where a luxury car is somewhat necessary. Grew up in a culture where cars are one of the first things that represents family status so would use it to attend business/family gatherings. Have been looking at Alpina B7 and Audi S8 lately for sedan options.

Re: Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?

If you want a Maserati go for it. Hell I thought they were a lot higher in price than that!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kjian414 View Post
    Finally got the money together to splurge on a Pre-Owned luxury car. Honestly speaking I’m kinda all over the place on this one. I daily drive a Civic hatchback with literally every single option available and really like how great on gas and reliable it is plus it has enough power to be sport for daily driving. But now it’s time to upgrade to something abit nicer.
    Max price: 35k
    Max mileage: 35k
    Requirements: seats at least 4 adults
    I don’t care too much about speed so don’t really have a use for an RS/M/AMG.

I was debating on a 2014/15 Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 since they can be had for within the price range but reliability is kinda all over the place so I’m not quite sure....
    I bought a Porsche Cayenne S and I wish I had done more research on it before I purchased it because of the maintenance every 20k miles. I really like it and get so many complements and looks but I can't spend those at the repair shop. Make sure you an extended warranty from either where you purchase it from or from an independent warranty service.

Quote Originally Posted by hobefabu View Post
    Finally got the money together to splurge on a Pre-Owned luxury car. Honestly speaking I’m kinda all over the place on this one. I daily drive a Civic hatchback with literally every single option available and really like how great on gas and reliable it is plus it has enough power to be sport for daily driving. But now it’s time to upgrade to something abit nicer.
    Max price: 35k
    Max mileage: 35k
    Requirements: seats at least 4 adults
    I don’t care too much about speed so don’t really have a use for an RS/M/AMG.

I was debating on a 2014/15 Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 since they can be had for within the price range but reliability is kinda all over the place so I’m not quite sure....
    I bought a Porsche Cayenne S and I wish I had done more research on it before I purchased it because of the maintenance every 20k miles. I really like it and get so many complements and looks but I can't spend those at the repair shop. Make sure you an extended warranty from either where you purchase it from or from an independent warranty service.
    Maintenance will definitely be expensive for a luxury car but the thing is to never take it to the dealership for the regular maintenance stuff. A good independent will take care of that. It seems like you drive a lot! 20k miles would last me 3years 😂

A maserati will nickel and dime you to death. As far as reliable luxury goes, what about a late model Lexus LS460? Great cars with a reliable V8. They are very quality cars, extremely comfortable to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan T. likes this.

Bang for your buck in that price range: check out Lincoln MKZ. They drop in price quite drastically once they roll off the lot, and you get a TON of car for the money. I see them going for under your budget around me all the time. They're great cars too - smooth, quiet, powerful, and not fugly. Jalopnik recently featured them in the "best value used luxury sedan" category, and it was hands-down the favorite among their writers (a tough thing to do - they are opinionated af). As a sedan guy myself, I'm seriously considering one on my next buy, sometime next year.

EDIT: I don't know where you live, OP, so I just punched in Dallas at truecar.com. Anyway, MKZ models 2018 or newer are going for HALF of their MSRP, and the miles on these things are ridonculously low. So, a killer car with < 20,000 miles for under $30k... Yeah, the guys at Jalopnik kick ass. ;)

Chrysler 300 as well. There are tons of trims, and it's a fun fun FUN car to drive. Not "luxury" in the normal sense, but the high-end ones drive like a luxury.

Also +1 on the Kia Stinger. Holy cow, I've never seen the online car community more united behind a fast-as-hell sedan as this. Very minor divergences among the top car magazines. It's outside your budget, and used ones are difficult to find (because it's such a new model), but give it time and you might be able to pick one up lightly used. I see them once in a while, and like TheWalrus said, once you get off the "Kia badge" mentality, it's a killer sedan. That white one to me is mouth-watering.

Great advice on avoiding Maserati. A couple guys in my neighborhood have them, and I know the one guy regrets it.
    Last edited by Dan T.; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:52.
    TheWalrus likes this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T. View Post
    Bang for your buck in that price range: check out Lincoln MKZ. They drop in price quite drastically once they roll off the lot, and you get a TON of car for the money. I see them going for under your budget around me all the time. They're great cars too - smooth, quiet, powerful, and not fugly. Jalopnik recently featured them in the "best value used luxury sedan" category, and it was hands-down the favorite among their writers (a tough thing to do - they are opinionated af). As a sedan guy myself, I'm seriously considering one on my next buy, sometime next year.

EDIT: I don't know where you live, OP, so I just punched in Dallas at truecar.com. Anyway, MKZ models 2018 or newer are going for HALF of their MSRP, and the miles on these things are ridonculously low. So, a killer car with < 20,000 miles for under $30k... Yeah, the guys at Jalopnik kick ass. &#x1f609;

Chrysler 300 as well. There are tons of trims, and it's a fun fun FUN car to drive. Not "luxury" in the normal sense, but the high-end ones drive like a luxury.

Also +1 on the Kia Stinger. Holy cow, I've never seen the online car community more united behind a fast-as-hell sedan as this. Very minor divergences among the top car magazines. It's outside your budget, and used ones are difficult to find (because it's such a new model), but give it time and you might be able to pick one up lightly used. I see them once in a while, and like TheWalrus said, once you get off the "Kia badge" mentality, it's a killer sedan. That white one to me is mouth-watering.

Great advice on avoiding Maserati. A couple guys in my neighborhood have them, and I know the one guy regrets it.
    I’ve been looking a lot of the different brands of luxury cars, my buddy has a new midsize Cadillac SUV (not 100% sure of the model) but that thing was nice! Full pano roof and super spacious. The Lincoln’s are nice too not going to lie... and the Volvo SUVs are something else! Only thing I don’t like about the stinger is that red taillight thingie that just ruins the over all look in my opinion. A part of me wants reliable and true luxury like the cars you just mentioned but another part of me wants something with branding because it’s like a super big thing where I’m from.
    Dan T. likes this.

I’ve been looking a lot of the different brands of luxury cars, my buddy has a new midsize Cadillac SUV (not 100% sure of the model) but that thing was nice! Full pano roof and super spacious. The Lincoln’s are nice too not going to lie... and the Volvo SUVs are something else! Only thing I don’t like about the stinger is that red taillight thingie that just ruins the over all look in my opinion. A part of me wants reliable and true luxury like the cars you just mentioned but another part of me wants something with branding because it’s like a super big thing where I’m from.
    I hear you. I think the Maserati thing above stems solely from the branding viewpoint, with little consideration for anything else. Reviews aren't good, but given the brand's history, might be a solid buy if that's what the user wants. And I don't judge harshly for that. I was a finance executive in the fashion and accessory industry for a while and knowing how stuff is made vs how it is marketed is something I had to learn because for the analytical mindset type that I am, brand loyalism eludes me, but I respect it now because it's rolled into our self-worth, our vanity, and by extension, our personalities. People pay top dollar for that, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Ergo, watches.

Since you mentioned SUVs, I have to mention a couple that might go unnoticed normally. Of course there's always Land Rover, but I think a $100K+ SUV is off the radar, no? Otherwise check out the Acura MDX lineup. Holy cow, man. They drive like a car. The tech in them is incredible. They look cool (by contrast, I hate the way Lexus builds "gaping hole in the front" of all their vehicles - they're so FUGLY to me that up close you can even see that they put the bumper BEHIND the front grill - LOL!), and they pack a punch. Not as high end as the LR, but still recognized as top tier. Used ones will be difficult to find - typically the buyer is willing to hang on to them.

The primary owner of my firm drives a Mercedes SUV that is head-spinning. It's a 2018, can't remember the model, but it's like something out of Star Trek. He paid $120K for it so that's probably off the radar too, but used ones might be good (btw, he recently had the tires replaced - $7k!). Used once might drop in value so check those out.

Not much for brand image, but dude, the newer Jeep Grand Cherokee is a tremendous vehicle these days. The V-8 models especially. I drove one for a few days in Chicago last year and that thing impressed me far beyond any level of expectations I can put to paper. Tech? Check. Visibility? Check. Good looks? Check. Fast as hell? Oh dear god, as a sedan guy I had no idea SUVs could do what this thing does. My son kept begging me to "Punch it, Dad!!!" Then BAM! everybody gets whiplash as we scream down the freeway, breaking the sound barrier. It had the panoramic rooftop you liked, and the maintenance costs aren't a gotcha either. Anyway, if I had to go SUV, that's the one I would get. No, it's not this exotic import cum luxury thing, but that's what you get. Even the layout of the interior dash and all that was ergonomic and sensible. It was like the Chrysler 300 I mentioned above, but higher off the ground and ten times more growl under the hood. Oh and it can pull all your toys no problem. Anyway, they've come a long way with the Grand Cherokee so that's a solid SUV recommendation from me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

If you get one with a warranty AND will sell before the warranty is up then buy what ever floats your boat (but you may still have down time for warranty repairs for some brands.) If you are buying long term the only real option in my mind is Lexus, and this is coming from someone who used to work at the corporate level of their competitor. Personally Id avoid Maserati or any of the other Fiat-Chrysler products under any circumstance (except the Wrangler.)
    Last edited by Kodabear; 1 Week Ago at 18:16.
    Dan T. likes this.
    Aramar “Arctic Ocean II”
    Casio G-Shock GW-M500A
    Hamilton circa 194x-1951 (was my Great Grandfathers watch)
    Junghans 41-4318
    OMEGA “Speedmaster” Auto(Panda Dial) ref. 178.0066
    Orient Star “Standard Date” WZ0061DV. (Honestly my favorite even over the OMEGA)
    Seiko SKX007J 2018
    Seiko “Turtle” SRP777
    Wenger “Black Knight” chrono 443153

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information