Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?

Finally got the money together to splurge on a Pre-Owned luxury car. Honestly speaking I’m kinda all over the place on this one. I daily drive a Civic hatchback with literally every single option available and really like how great on gas and reliable it is plus it has enough power to be sport for daily driving. But now it’s time to upgrade to something abit nicer.
    Max price: 35k
    Max mileage: 35k
    Requirements: seats at least 4 adults
    I don’t care too much about speed so don’t really have a use for an RS/M/AMG.

I was debating on a 2014/15 Maserati Quattroporte SQ4 since they can be had for within the price range but reliability is kinda all over the place so I’m not quite sure....

Re: Pre-owned luxury car in the 35k and under range?

I would stay away from the Maserati. They are trying to transition into more of the mainstream market and quality and reliability are suffering.

A note of warning to be prepared for a lot hire maintenance and repair costs compared to a Honda. Iíve owned a few bmwís and it gets crazy. They have run flat tires, so any puncture requires a whole new tire at $400-$500 a piece. I have a Bmw 1 series now and the dealership says I need a new oil pan gasket and itíll cost $1,500 to put in a $50 part. So a strong recommendation for a good cpo or extended warranty. I paid $1,200 for one warranty on a bmw 3 series that covered the tires, so I got 4 tires replaced for free.

That said, I have a friend who works for Carmax and get to drive a different loaner car as his personal car every other week that was on the lot and listed for under $45k or so. He said after that experience he said he didnít care what car he drove and would never spend a significant amount on a car. He felt there wasnít anything special enough differentiating the car to justify spending that much on a car. Then one day he pulled up in an Audi S6. He said that car changed his mind. If he were to ever purchase a car it would be that car.

I never drove the car, so I canít speak to it myself. However I do trust my friendís opinion on cars. If I were ever to be in the market for a sedan again, Iíd definitely take a look at the Audi S6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kjian414 View Post
    Finally got the money together to splurge on a Pre-Owned luxury car. Honestly speaking Iím kinda all over the place on this one. I daily drive a Civic hatchback with literally every single option available and really like how great on gas and reliable it is plus it has enough power to be sport for daily driving. But now itís time to upgrade to something abit nicer.
    Max price: 35k
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhchr2 View Post
    He said after that experience he said he didnít care what car he drove and would never spend a significant amount on a car.
    I never drove the car, so I canít speak to it myself. However I do trust my friendís opinion on cars. If I were ever to be in the market for a sedan again, Iíd definitely take a look at the Audi S6.

I'm kinda on both your sides - nothing nice enough to spend that kind of money on a single car. Why not have a daily driver ie Civic 2006 with low miles, and buy a Porsche 996 in an odd colour - ruby, green, yellow with an odd colour interior. That car is in budget, can be driven on special occasions and will go up in value.

you'll thank me later

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Porsche is a good option if you are able to keep your current car. Before I was married and had a kid, I was looking at a used Porsche Cayman. There was a dealership that had a CPO Cayman with low miles for around 30k. Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on that.

Porsche is a good option if you are able to keep your current car. Before I was married and had a kid, I was looking at a used Porsche Cayman. There was a dealership that had a CPO Cayman with low miles for around 30k. Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on that.

the only cars that appreciate are 911s unfortunately - or a GT4. Guess which idiot sold a 964 right before the prices rocketed???

Name:  porsche 4.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  717.1 KB
    brandon\ likes this.

I would stay away from the Maserati. They are trying to transition into more of the mainstream market and quality and reliability are suffering.

A note of warning to be prepared for a lot hire maintenance and repair costs compared to a Honda. I’ve owned a few bmw’s and it gets crazy. They have run flat tires, so any puncture requires a whole new tire at $400-$500 a piece. I have a Bmw 1 series now and the dealership says I need a new oil pan gasket and it’ll cost $1,500 to put in a $50 part. So a strong recommendation for a good cpo or extended warranty. I paid $1,200 for one warranty on a bmw 3 series that covered the tires, so I got 4 tires replaced for free.

That said, I have a friend who works for Carmax and get to drive a different loaner car as his personal car every other week that was on the lot and listed for under $45k or so. He said after that experience he said he didn’t care what car he drove and would never spend a significant amount on a car. He felt there wasn’t anything special enough differentiating the car to justify spending that much on a car. Then one day he pulled up in an Audi S6. He said that car changed his mind. If he were to ever purchase a car it would be that car.

I never drove the car, so I can’t speak to it myself. However I do trust my friend’s opinion on cars. If I were ever to be in the market for a sedan again, I’d definitely take a look at the Audi S6.

Definitely will expect to pay quite a bit for maintence on a luxury car. The S6 is super low key (pretty much with all Audi cars) but I will definitely be taking a look into that. Interior doesn’t really do it for me but I’m sure the performance might make up for it

I was considering a Macan. Unfortunately can’t get a 2 seater.

Iíd look at M3 from around 2015
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Mercedes AMG C-class, one of the latest ones with the amazing interiors

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I know you said luxury - but for $35 000, in a used car, I'm taking a close look at the nicest, newest Mustang GT I can find. Not a traditional 'luxury' brand, but loaded with cool tech, fun to drive, and seats 4 people without issue (though not necessarily in comfort).

If you want something more luxury oriented, I'd forego the Maserati but try to stick to the charm of an Italian sports sedan with the Alfa Romeo Giulia. I've heard reliability is a *bit* hit or miss, but newish, with a remaining warranty, and you should be alright. Certainly no worse off than with the Maserati. Plus, I've heard nothing but amazing things about the car, and its driving dynamics.

A final option - and one that I think would be sorely tempting - is the Kia Stinger. Once you get your mind around the badge - it's an incredible car that does everything more traditional luxury / sports cars do, but better, cheaper, and more reliably. It's also one that you could get new, and fully loaded, in, or near your price range. Or, save some money and buy lightly used.
    Dan T. likes this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information