Red wing iron ranger vs blacksmith

Thread: Red wing iron ranger vs blacksmith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red wing iron ranger vs blacksmith

Buying one of these. Which would you recommend?

The blacksmith has no cap toe but does feature a mini lug sole for more traction. The other difference is the leather...

Blacksmith in copper ruff and tough vs the iron ranger in amber harness...

I've owned both before (not in these leather choices) a few years back... not sure which to get as I think I'll be happy with either.

Last edited by flydiver; 6 Days Ago at 19:42.

Re: Red wing iron ranger vs blacksmith

I had the same option and went with the blacksmith. The iron ranger (with the cap) makes for a larger looking end. I've even heard some refer to them as "clown shoes." I wanted something that leaned a bit more "office friendly" and chose the blacksmith. My son wears the iron ranger, and really likes the boot. One thing for me as well, the blacksmith is able to be polished. Dont think you can go wrong with either. I also think that they both share the Mini-lug?

Quote Originally Posted by swede33 View Post
    I had the same option and went with the blacksmith. The iron ranger (with the cap) makes for a larger looking end. I've even heard some refer to them as "clown shoes." I wanted something that leaned a bit more "office friendly" and chose the blacksmith. My son wears the iron ranger, and really likes the boot. One thing for me as well, the blacksmith is able to be polished. Dont think you can go wrong with either. I also think that they both share the Mini-lug?
    Thanks for your response. I went for the iron ranger to have a cap toe for a change as most my boots have been plain toe. They were also 100 bucks cheaper. And from what I've seen it appears the newer ir has the lug sole where the older ones do not. And since I ordered off amazon its luck of the draw. They arrive today ! Gotta love 1 day shipping haha

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Im sure you will like them. The iron rangers started with the lug soles about a year ago. Much better then the previous crepe soles.

Quote Originally Posted by swede33 View Post
    The iron rangers started with the lug soles about a year ago. Much better then the previous crepe soles.
    I haven't seen a pair of Iron Rangers with a crepe sole. The prior version used nitrile cork soles, which as I understood is a rubber sole with embedded bits of cork. They don't have the lugs found on the current Vibram lug soles so they're more slip-prone on ice or other slippery surfaces. But they're also longer-lasting (and perhaps slightly less comfortable) than the Vibram lug soles.

what other boots do you own? You can get the IR in either Rough & Tough or Amber Harness so that shouldn't be a limiting factor. The Blacksmith feels like a more versatile shoe without the cap toe.
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

I own that exact pair of Blacksmiths... very happy with them and they broke in nicely. Sized down a half size.

Huh, are Blacksmiths the replacement for the Beckhams?

i like the IR's better, the blacksmiths look like they have a chunkier silhouette. enjoy it

Definitely like the look of the iron rangers better. I own a pair and don't regret one bit. Amazing comfort and quality. Timeless design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information