WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Saddleback wallet advice needed

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Anatoly 
#1 ·
Looking for some advice...For over 10 years I've been carrying a montblanc wallet, it is still in great condition and I love it. However I've been wanting to try out a Saddleback for some time now. For my birthday a few days ago I received a gift coupon/code for Saddleback website for $200 value. Planning to get a belt and a wallet. My dilemma is which size/style wallet to get? I really like my current montblanc dimensions. Don't remember the model #, I think it is 14548 - 6CC or similar

I am leaning towards small or medium Saddleback bi-fold. I don't want it to be too bulky. Any advice?

Pics appreciated...

Thank you kindly

Anatoly

#6 ·
Heard good things about Bellroy. I recently bought a leather bifold from Coach for about $140. Incredible wallet and they have free lifetime guarantee and moisturizing services (where they apply moisturizer to the leather to make it smell better and appear shinier and new) at any store

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Heard good things about Bellroy. I recently bought a leather bifold from Coach for about $140. Incredible wallet and they have free lifetime guarantee and moisturizing services (where they apply moisturizer to the leather to make it smell better and appear shinier and new) at any store
Good to know about Coach warranty. I'm in the market, and will have to look at what they have.

#7 ·
I really want a Sadleback Leather wallet also but it's hard to justify after so many bad reviews. Some reviews said the leather broke all the credit cards in the wallet, the wallets are to stiff and will not fold over. I probably am still going to get one soon but I am a little reserved on expectations. Now I do have a Safdleback Leather belt and it is fantastic! Great quality and crafmanship.

#10 ·
I have Saddleback's Front Pocket ID wallet. It was stiff when I first received it, but broke in after a few weeks of use. I used to carry a thicker tri-fold wallet on a daily basis, but for routine around town use the pocket ID wallet suits all my needs. I now only use a leather tri-fold (from Duluth Trading) when traveling and I need to carry some more cards and have a place for more currency and to put receipts and other papers. I do like Saddleback's craftsmanship and it does seem like it will last a very long time.

As for the Saddleback medium bi-fold breaking cards, I thought I read on their website (while researching the product) that the design was changed and it no longer had that problem. IIRC, that is. Too lazy to go back and look it up.

#11 ·
I had/have a Saddlback front pocket ID wallet, and it stretches over time and breaks in real nice. When I downsized the number of cards I carry, the Saddleback was too 'stretched' so I bought a new wallet off etsy. Saddleback feels like a more rugged option compared to Montblanc/Belroy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.