ALT1-C/PW crown problem
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ALT1-C/PW crown problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ALT1-C/PW crown problem

I recently purchased an ALT1-C/PW. It is a beautiful watch, but I have a problem I have never experienced on any other watch: I can't pull the crown out to set the watch. The size of the crown is fine, but it fits very tight to the case, and there is not enough overhang to get a good grip to pull it out. I wear my fingernails short, so they don't really help. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions for a fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: ALT1-C/PW crown problem

This crown issue does not seem to be a defect with the watch. I don't why for the life of me, but Bremont apparently constructed the crown to sit very tight against the case. This would be a non-issue if Bremont would have simply opted for a screwdown crown.

In any event, I had this exact problem with my ALT1-C/PW, and posted this issue on Alt1tude in order to seek out some advice. To summarize, here's what I do to get the crown out:

Well, after trying to pull out the crown all day, I figured that I would try something rudimentary: Put a microfiber over the crown and try to pull it out with my teeth. And you know what, it worked! Like I said, rudimentary but effective. I'm just glad that I was able to finally set the watch, and here's the result:

Name:  24198109513_8c107634a1_b.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  126.2 KB
    Last edited by Vig2000; July 7th, 2016 at 14:43.
    HTown likes this.

Same problem with a very tight fit crown on a new MB2.
    HTown likes this.

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for the RF-4C is one fast son of a b****

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had never experienced this issue...until just this afternoon. I was attempting to hand-wind my 247 (after reading an article that suggests that even automatic movements should be hand-wound daily) and had a devil of a time getting it into the winding position. Basically, I'd unscrew the crown and it went right into the GMT/Date set mode.

Every other time I've had no problem at all. It was almost like it didn't want to "pop out" after unscrewing the crown, if that's a proper analogy.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    HTown likes this.
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

I just picked up an MBIII and I have exact same problem . Its actually a pretty frustrating design 'fault' ( or feature ) as the watch sits in rotation of a number of watches in my collection and its a bit of a nightmare every time i pick up the watch to wear it ... its not impossible to pull it out but it is a struggle and can be a little painful.

Same problem with my ZT/51 and it is harder to pull out than the MBII even with my teeth. This has got to be fixed for future models. I think Im going to get one of those round rubber pieces that they make to open up tight lids on jars and see if I can get a tighter grip on the crown to pull it out. I dont think longer fingernails will help until you pop it out to the first position. If I crack my front tooth I will tell my dentist to send the bill to Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Statos View Post
    Same problem with my ZT/51 and it is harder to pull out than the MBII even with my teeth. This has got to be fixed for future models. I think Im going to get one of those round rubber pieces that they make to open up tight lids on jars and see if I can get a tighter grip on the crown to pull it out. I dont think longer fingernails will help until you pop it out to the first position. If I crack my front tooth I will tell my dentist to send the bill to Bremont.
    Curious ...did you read thread I referenced? Is the crown similar to mbii? Does that same gap exist? If so, why not do as I suggest with springbar tool or such?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Curious ...did you read thread I referenced? Is the crown similar to mbii? Does that same gap exist? If so, why not do as I suggest with springbar tool or such?

No GAP on the ZT/51 so I made a little crown puller out of a pair of Eyebrow tweezers by putting rubber shrink wrap on the ends. I have to put the tweezers side ways to pull it up otherwise it just slips off. Exploring other options as well like making a puller from a 3D printer. Bremont should make a crown puller tool and ship for free to all owners of these pull out crowns. Are you listening Bremont?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Statos View Post
    No GAP on the ZT/51 so I made a little crown puller out of a pair of Eyebrow tweezers by putting rubber shrink wrap on the ends. I have to put the tweezers side ways to pull it up otherwise it just slips off. Exploring other options as well like making a puller from a 3D printer. Bremont should make a crown puller tool and ship for free to all owners of these pull out crowns. Are you listening Bremont?
    Not that much of problem on mbii...i dont complain cause want wr and just assume might be reason...send them an email ...think i got online chat once
    Last edited by Betterthere; January 29th, 2017 at 00:28.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information