Anyone own an Oracle II?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vig2000

Thread: Anyone own an Oracle II?

Anyone own an Oracle II?

Saw one at the Bremont Boutique in NYC. Might be my next purchase. Anyone have one that they'd like to show off???

Re: Anyone own an Oracle II?

I have one of the sister watches, the Supermarine S500/bk. They are basically the same watch except for titanium versus stainless steel and the cosmetic differences on the bezels and dial. The Supermarine S500 also adds the day function to the date. I studied the Oracle II, Terra Nova and the S500/bk and I had a hard time deciding between those three. It is a great watch! I don't know if the similarities are enough for you, but I will be glad answer any questions you may have.
    Last edited by TigerDore; January 13th, 2016 at 01:48.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    I have one of the sister watches, the Supermarine S500/bk. They are basically the same watch except for titanium versus stainless steel and the cosmetic differences on the bezels and dial. The Supermarine S500 also adds the day function to the date. I studied the Oracle II, Terra Nova and the S500/bk and I had a hard time deciding between those three. It is a great watch! I don't know if the similarities are enough for you, but I will be glad answer any questions you may have.
    Aside from the cosmetic differences, there are also technical differences as well: Both the Terra Nova and Oracle II are GMT watches, cased in titanium, and both are powered by a modified ETA 2893, whereas the Supermarine is cased in stainless steel, not a GMT, and is powered by a modified ETA 2836.

For me personally, I'd love to own an Oracle II as compared to a Terra Nova or Supermarine. I love the Oracle II mainly due to its more traditional bezel, along with the fact that it doesn't have the inner chapter ring/globe pattern like the Terra Nova and Supermarine watches have. I also think that Arabic numerals on the Oracle II give it a more refined look. It's a very clean, pure watch with just a hint of flair with that yellow GMT hand and completely red seconds hand.
    Last edited by Vig2000; January 14th, 2016 at 04:52.
    awildermode and StefB like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have played with one at the Oracle Open World trade show. There was a Bremont stand that moved between the sailors' outpost and the retail store inside the trade show building. The GMT is the one to go for. It is the perfect size at 43mm and a stunner visually. The Girard Perregaux w.tc design for BMW Oracle Racing was quite busy in comparison. This one is much more elegant with a black face. It is on my hit list, but most likely used (fully depreciated).

I don't have one and have never seen one live. Still I have to say that I think it is the coolest of all Bremont watches and I've been tempted to get one ever since I read the review on wornandwould. I would also appreciate if somebody that owns one post some photos and comments.

Thread Information