BC-S2/BG?My First Bremont + some ?s
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BC-S2/BG?My First Bremont + some ?s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ACF

BC-S2/BG—My First Bremont + some ?s

My first post in a forum here, and my first Bremont! I bought this BC-S2/BG #939 with full set on eBay for $1900 (which seems like a great deal to me), and it is in immaculate shape. I'm absolutely thrilled with the watch, and as others have commented, I think it's a bit of a "sleeper" in the Bremont line.

I have a few questions:

Do you think these will appreciate over the decades for being early in their line and discontinued? They're relatively hard to get, it seems.

Does anyone know how many were made of the BC/S2, and even how many in each color?

This came with the green Bremont Strap, which I heard was a limited edition thing. Does anyone know about that?

Watch is running at about -2.5 sec/day. Seems fine, but would you all recommend a service? I guess I should check with Bremont to see when (if) it was last serviced.

Glad to be here talking Bremonts with you all...
    ACF
    Attached Images Attached Images

ccm123 likes this.

ACF

Re: BC-S2/BG—My First Bremont + some ?s

One more question: Does anyone have pics of this green model on different straps? I'm excited to start swapping, but pics on anything other than black and brown are hard to come by.

Congratulations. Looks great!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ACF View Post
    Do you think these will appreciate over the decades for being early in their line and discontinued? They're relatively hard to get, it seems.
    That's really the $64 question, isn't it? If anyone knew for certain that something was going to outrageously appreciate in value, they'd be all be snapped up immediately.

All anyone can really say is that Bremont is a young company that has a chance of one day, maybe not even in our lifetimes, becoming a popular enough brand where vintage early model pieces command top dollar prices to collectors. Me personally? I would not buy Bremont for speculative reasons. Simply put, the age where the watch was an important part of a gentleman's wardrobe has passed and I question whether we'll see that age ever again. That age had a lot to do with the romance people have with vintage pieces, so if you weren't part of that age, it's hard to speculate where the emotional attachment that warrants spending beaucoup bucks on a vintage watch would come from.

This came with the green Bremont Strap, which I heard was a limited edition thing. Does anyone know about that?
    I don't know about limited edition, but I've never seen another Bremont with a green strap, so it's possible.

Watch is running at about -2.5 sec/day. Seems fine, but would you all recommend a service? I guess I should check with Bremont to see when (if) it was last serviced.
    I would guess that it has not been serviced, if a service record was not included with the sale. So long as it's running within COSC, it's probably not worth worrying about.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

I would recommend that you check with Bremont to see if they've ever serviced the watch, and if so, when. Even though the watch is currently running within COSC specifications, that doesn't necessarily mean it's not in need of service. There are many a watch out there that may run almost flawlessly after forgoing years of requisite service, but keep in mind that oils dry, parts age, and seals degrade, so when in doubt, have the watch serviced. This is especially true for an early and discontinued model with an unknown service history.
    Last edited by Vig2000; March 29th, 2017 at 01:51.

Brentwood, CA 94513 (San Francisco Bay Area)

Looks nice!
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Welcome. I've never seen that one before, looks cool!

Really dig those colors... a very unique piece.

ACF

Thanks for all the information and feedback, everyone.

I'm in NYC, so I'll drag this up to the Bremont boutique soon enough and have them look it up in person for service records. I'll ask some of my questions, too, and report back if I learn anything interesting or useful.

Yeah, I think it's true that the watches we buy now will never quite have the mystique of those from the first 3/4ths of the last century. However, as a guitar player, I'm shocked to learn what instruments that I deemed worthless have come to be valued at—even immitations and non-USA built models. Different industry, of course, but even now my boy's sized Timex diver watch (which I want for nostalgic reasons, as it was my first watch) is running me $250!

Loving the Bremont!

ACF

Defo go in to the boutique - Vicky the manager is great. For sure she will need to contact HQ in Henley, so if you are in a hurry you should email (they are very responsive). PM me if you need the email address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information