Bremont adds AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer to its America’s Cup Collection (Press release)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By samanator
  • 1 Post By Reinhard Immanuel

Thread: Bremont adds AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer to its America’s Cup Collection (Press release)

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Bremont adds AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer to its America’s Cup Collection (Press release)

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 198
Size:  94.5 KB

Further to the announcement of Bremont’s first ladies range of watches earlier this year, the British manufacturer is delighted to confirm an additional ladies mechanical chronometer which will form part of its America’s Cup Collection. The Bremont AC I 32 is the first women’s watch within this range and is very much inspired by the original AC I.

Designed to be a classic watch befitting the history of the America’s Cup, the AC I 32 takes inspiration from the legendary J-Class yachts of the 30s with its understated design. As with the AC I, this miniature 32mm version incorporates sea blue steel hands and a fine ivory white opaline dial embossed with outlines of the America’s Cup trophy to give subtle pattern and depth to the face of the watch. Carrying the ‘London’ mark on the dial, the watch will be built in the UK using the highest quality components and will be made in a limited edition of 535 pieces. The hand polished case is water resistant to 50m.

Views: 204
Size:  40.6 KB

The mechanical BE-10AE chronometer rated and beautifully finished automatic movement, which can be seen through the exhibition case back, will have 40 hour power reserve and will be housed in a 32mm case that is a little over 9mm in thickness.
    Bremont Co-Founder, Giles English: “The AC I has proven to be an incredibly popular timepiece since we launched it last year and has led to lots of enquiries by women who were after a ladies version so this seemed like a natural extension to the line. It is of course also very well timed with Bremont having just launched our first women’s watches.”

Views: 206
Size:  28.2 KB

As with the core collection timepieces, the polished AC I 32 steel cases will undergo a similar hardening treatment (2000 Vickers), providing high impact resistance but still retaining its polished surface finish. The signature coating gives the three-part Trip-Tick® watch case extreme hardness, excellent toughness, good wear and high impact fatigue resistance, a technique used widely in the aerospace industry.

The convex sapphire crystal is equally as hard and has nine layers of anti-reflective coating applied to both sides of the glass for increased legibility. The high standard of finish and attention to detail seen in everything from the hand-cut and engraved winding rotor in the sapphire crystal case back to the meticulous machining of the three-part Trip-Tick® cases take considerable time and skill to apply.

Specs
    MOVEment
    Modified calibre 9’’’ BE-10AE automatic chronometer, 18 jewels, Glucydur balance, Anachron balance spring, Nivaflex 1 mainspring, 28,800bph,
    40 hour power reserve.

FUNCTIONS
    Hour, minute, second, date at 6H.

CASE
    Polished hardened stainless steel Bremont Trip-Tick® construction. Case diameter 32mm, lug width 16mm, case thickness 9.65mm.

CASE BACK
    Polished stainless steel with integrated flat crystal, 6 stainless steel screws with polished heads.

DIAL
    Metal ‘Auld Mug’ embossed dial with blued steel hands and printed numerals.

CRYSTAL
    Domed anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire crystal.

WATER RESISTANCE
    5 ATM, 50 metres.

RATINGS
    C.O.S.C chronometer tested and certified.

STRAP
    Various straps with polished pin buckle or integrated stainless steel bracelet.

CERTIFICATION
    Individually serial numbered with accompanying C.O.S.C certification.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 5th, 2016 at 15:19.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

KCZ

Re: Bremont adds AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer to its America’s Cup Collection (Press release)

I like that. Love the blue hands.

"The AC I has proven to be an incredibly popular timepiece since we launched it last year and has led to lots of enquiries by women who were after a ladies version...the watch will be made in a limited edition of 535 pieces."
    Divers and bling.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: Bremont adds AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer to its America’s Cup Collection (Press release)

Wow using this movement, stretch the case to 40mm while keeping this thickness, resize appropriate hands and markers for the new size, drop the date so it is not in an awkward place, and then have the rest finished as this is including the dial texture. This would be a awesome mens dress at a shirt cuff friendly thickness for a Bremont. Would make for a pretty desirable marine watch.
    awildermode likes this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That dial looks stunning!
    samanator likes this.
    IG : reinhardsanden

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver - Bvlgari Diagono - Rolex Datejust - Swatch Irony - Tissot T-Touch

Somehow I'm not convinced...there's something missing, but maybe it looks better in reality.

Great idea and looks pretty good but I must say that these are some pretty crappy pictures for a press release! I think they could have, and have, done better!

Thread Information