Bremont Alt1-C PB advice please

Thread: Bremont Alt1-C PB advice please

Bremont Alt1-C PB advice please

I've just purchased a used 6 month old Bremont Alt1-C PB, what a lovely watch. I'm new to the Valjoux/ETA 7750 movement having previously owned a number of Rolex and and Omega watches. Due to not wearing it for a couple of days it stopped indicating the main spring had unwound so I decided to test the manual wind mechanism by holding it in place so the auto wind rotor remained still, I rotated the crown slowly clockwise and the watch failed to start until aprox 18 rotations were complete. During the manual wind process I noticed in addition to the normal winding sound there was an additional 4 clicks per revolution of the crown which could also be heard in the clockwise direction, this clicking was audible at arms length. I'd appreciate advice from somebody more familiar with the Bremont Alt1-C on whether 18 winds before it starts and the clicking is normal. I had read that the 7750 movement should only click when the overwind protection is activated. The watch itself is accurate to around 1sec per day and everything else about it is excellent, I'm just not 100% sure of whether the movement manual wind mechanism is working correctly, when I wind it manually it definitely winds it's the clicking and late restart than concerns me.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Bremont Alt1-C PB advice please

Quote Originally Posted by RickZ1 View Post
    I've just purchased a used 6 month old Bremont Alt1-C PB, what a lovely watch. I'm new to the Valjoux/ETA 7750 movement having previously owned a number of Rolex and and Omega watches. Due to not wearing it for a couple of days it stopped indicating the main spring had unwound so I decided to test the manual wind mechanism by holding it in place so the auto wind rotor remained still, I rotated the crown slowly clockwise and the watch failed to start until aprox 18 rotations were complete. During the manual wind process I noticed in addition to the normal winding sound there was an additional 4 clicks per revolution of the crown which could also be heard in the clockwise direction, this clicking was audible at arms length. I'd appreciate advice from somebody more familiar with the Bremont Alt1-C on whether 18 winds before it starts and the clicking is normal. I had read that the 7750 movement should only click when the overwind protection is activated. The watch itself is accurate to around 1sec per day and everything else about it is excellent, I'm just not 100% sure of whether the movement manual wind mechanism is working correctly, when I wind it manually it definitely winds it's the clicking and late restart than concerns me.

Looks dope, I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information