Bremont MBII
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LordBrettSinclair

Thread: Bremont MBII

Bremont MBII

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing this watch in the UK. Just wondering your thoughts, not owned a Bremont before, have a few Rolex but become disillusioned with their ‘lists’.

I’ve phoned around and managed to get nearly 20% of list, does this sound reasonable as I know resale is not great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an MBIII. Great fit as it is not too thick. Unique look as well. As for resale, try anything outside of Rolex, Nautilus, RO (non-chrono), and the reality is the same. Enjoy your Bremont.

Re: Bremont MBII

You'll probably get some biased posts here (like mine!) I have an MBII - I love my watch. To be honest I dont really care about resale value and all that, I just bought mine cause I though it looked great and had some nice features. I think if you were looking to maximise resale returns then Bremont as a brand might not be the one to go with, but if you are arent so fussed about that then 'buy one"! I enjoy the simple things with my watch, the clear face and easy legibility, and the day and date function as well. The MB range is my favourite of the Bremont range (but as I said I am biased! . I have never looked back in terms of the actual watch I bought.

However, some times I do find myself looking at IWC watches - solely because most people would say that IWC branded watches are 'better' than Bremont - so on a ego based 'look at me metric' (yes very scientific I know) IWC would probably have higher broader appeal and be more broadly recognised by watch lovers. However, then I go looking for which actual IWC I would buy, and basically I then end up looking for one that replicates the look of my MBII, realise that something similar doesnt exist in the IWC range, and so I come back to my MB II and think 'who cares what others think - I love my watch' .

I will say that I have had numerous comments over the years about the MBII - all positive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Whilst I haven't owned an MBII (always wanted one with in orange) I have owned an S301 which I absolutely adored, it's one of a very small few that I actually regret getting rid of.

The case design is incredible and certainly a talking point, in fact the whole construction of their watches are incredible and couldn't fault their customer service in the slightest!

If I had the funds I'd certainly purchase one again so I'd say if you like it then go for it! I think there is enough respect out there for Bremont now that if you did decide to resell then you wouldn't lose out on too much!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

If you are concerned about resell value negotiate harder. If you want a great watch, with an exemplary case and tried and tested movement, just enjoy it. I bought my MB III used, so the initial 40% loss was my gain....maybe you find the watch too used? Anyhow even if new, try a bit more to shave off a few more % and be happy! The watch is lovely and I am sure your will have ma y years of fun ahead of you.

Cheers!

Watches in profile....

What I will say is that the MBII and MBIII range will be changing next year when Bremont announces a whole new line up of core models.
    The MB, U2, Boeing and part of the ALT1-C range will either be discontinued or changed which means that current models may be the last that we will ever see in the wild!

If you see one you like then my advice is snap it up before the year ends.

The MBII is the best selling Bremont consistently over the last 10 years and you will love wearing it.

Best of Luck

Quote Originally Posted by MikePearson55 View Post
    What I will say is that the MBII and MBIII range will be changing next year when Bremont announces a whole new line up of core models.
    The MB, U2, Boeing and part of the ALT1-C range will either be discontinued or changed which means that current models may be the last that we will ever see in the wild!

If you see one you like then my advice is snap it up before the year ends.

The MBII is the best selling Bremont consistently over the last 10 years and you will love wearing it.

Best of Luck
    It’s about time they evolved their design a bit, IMO. But how do you know this? Is this confirmed information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The MBII brought me to Bremont. The only ding I can give it is for the non-screw down crown. For me it is kind of hard to release it from the watertight position. Plus are several like the anodized ring in several colors, case hardening and design, comfort, bezel action, and strap selection. Suggest trying one on and playing with it. Let's keep discounts off the forum. If you feel the need PM the OP.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I own the MBIII (orange barrel), bought it near-mint off a fellow WUS member over a year ago and wouldn't dream of flipping it. The size is perfect, the case interesting and well-designed and it works on loads of different straps. A very handsome toolish watch.

Name:  my mbiii.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  89.4 KB
    koolpep likes this.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Thread Information