Bremont Skipping BaselWorld in 2017
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bremont Skipping BaselWorld in 2017

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bremont Skipping BaselWorld in 2017

I just got this: http://elink-eu.azuresend.com/m/8003...011B07/122016n

THE BREMONT TOWNHOUSE

'BASEL-ON-THAMES'

The Henley-On-Thames British watch manufacturer chooses not to exhibit at the Basel Watch Fair and will create its own watch event in the UK

27th February - 3rd March 2017

Name:  baselonthames.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  127.0 KB

After exhibiting at the Basel Watch Fair for many years, Bremont is excited to be launching its 2017 watch collection on home turf, in the UK. Bremont will take over a townhouse in the heart of London over the course of a week, where it aims to bring the brand to life. This will be the first time the 2017 releases will be showcased, the brand will be exclusively exhibiting some of its military collections and looks forward to being joined by a number of its esteemed ambassadors and brand partners.

2017 will mark the 10th anniversary from Bremont launching its first collection of watches and 15 years since the company was founded. Since inception in 2002, Bremont has made huge strides towards bringing watch making back to Britain and reinvigorating this once booming industry, so it only seems fitting to mark the occasion on British soil.

Giles English: “As a British watch company we are very keen for retailers and media alike to see us in our own environment and to join us in the UK to really experience what British watch making is all about."

Nick English: “Basel is such a major global watch fair so we have to be confident that we can provide enough of an attraction here in the UK and I feel we can. The fact that our historical Basel exhibition space 'The Palace' will be closed for 2017 is also a factor in our decision making."

The UK has not only had a very positive year in luxury watch sales, outperforming many other global watch markets which have seen negative declines, but it also accounts for over 50% of Bremont’s business. Bremont has grown its strength as a domestic watch brand as well as growing its domestic UK sales by over 20% in 2016, the firm is as positive as ever about the future of the market. Brexit has of course put the prices of many of the Swiss watch brands up in the UK; as a local producer Bremont is benefiting from the weakness in the pound.

Re: Bremont Skipping BaselWorld in 2017

Wonder if they will have any 10th anniversary limited editions?

Based Nick's sentiments when I spoke with him, this sounds about right. One, they really are very focused on re-establishing British watchmaking, to the point I got the impression that their target markets were pretty much the UK and the US only. Two, they were not expecting to have an in-house movement until Basel 2018, so I can only assume that means they do not feel the need to be in attendance until they have something major to showcase beyond this year's new cases.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    DiverDanni likes this.
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it is smart. They will get more exposure/press by not showing up, vs being one of hundreds at Basel. The English brothers are brilliant marketers.

Yes I own a Bremont before anyone asks. But do you ever wonder why 2 brothers named English who want to help reestablish British watchmaking, would name their company after a Frenchman no matter how cute the story is?
    ShaggyDog and Nato_Steve like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Yes I own a Bremont before anyone asks. But do you ever wonder why 2 brothers named English who want to help reestablish British watchmaking, would name their company after a Frenchman no matter how cute the story is?
    Well, we do know (because they've said) that they did not want to revive an established name that went defunct; they wanted to establish a new identity with no preconceived expectations.

I can only speculate that they picked the name Bremont because they liked the sound of it and it fit into their narrative (i.e. it's more romantic that there's a story behind the name rather than saying they hired a team of marketing experts to come up with a name). Further, if you'll allow me to adjust my tin foil hat for comfort, I note that many brands associated with luxury watches have a Swiss/French affectation to their name, so perhaps this is some subtle marketing by association?

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Well, we do know (because they've said) that they did not want to revive an established name that went defunct; they wanted to establish a new identity with no preconceived expectations.

I can only speculate that they picked the name Bremont because they liked the sound of it and it fit into their narrative (i.e. it's more romantic that there's a story behind the name rather than saying they hired a team of marketing experts to come up with a name). Further, if you'll allow me to adjust my tin foil hat for comfort, I note that many brands associated with luxury watches have a Swiss/French affectation to their name, so perhaps this is some subtle marketing by association?

Regards,
    Alysandir
    To that point, I will say that the name "Bremont" (pronounced BREH-mon) has a certain je ne sais quoi (pun intended) that other British-based brands lack. At least to me, "Bremont" sounds better than "Garrick" or "Schofield," which are most definitely traditional British names, so I do think that marketing forces are at play here.
    Last edited by Vig2000; December 8th, 2016 at 20:35.

English!
    DiverDanni likes this.

I picked up my first Bremont at their place out in the english countryside. Great setup and very nice people. showed me upstairs where the watches are assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDanni View Post
    I picked up my first Bremont at their place out in the english countryside. Great setup and very nice people. showed me upstairs where the watches are assembled.
    Henley-on-Thames?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information