Bremont Supermarine 301 wrist shots and thoughts?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bremont Supermarine 301 wrist shots and thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bremont Supermarine 301 wrist shots and thoughts?

Would welcome wrist shots and thoughts on the Bremont Supermarine 301.
    Last edited by trebor2; September 25th, 2018 at 22:22.

Re: Bremont Supermarine 301 wrist shots and thoughts?

I'd like to get some pics and impressions as well. Ever since the Mach 1 which I really love, I quite like the more compact form factor watches by Bremont. Yet to see the vintage styled 301 in person.

Tried this on today...

Despite the fact that it’s a 40mm watch, I think it wears pretty well on my skinny 6.5 inch wrist. Surprisingly thin and the lugs really do curve downwards to hug the wrist which I think helps.

Will most probably pick this up next week.

Opti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    deepsea03 and Dyon868 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have 7.5inch plus wrists, so it's a little too small for me.

Still love it though.

Name:  20180510_120242r.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  20180617_173409r.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  112.6 KB

CURRENT:

Omega Speedmaster 1967, Alpina 10 compressor 1966, Tag Heuer Carrera CV2010, Grand Seiko SBGA031 diver, Magrette Moana Pacific Diver – Classic, Steinhart Aviation GMT, Breitling Aerospace – Repetition Minutes, Seiko 6309-7040, Lemania 38mm vintage chrono, Orfina vintage chrono, HKED Bund, Prometheus Poseidon, CW C60 Vintage 43mm, Bremont S301, Steinhart Ocean One Ceramic, Eterna Kontiki Bronze LE. Seiko 7548-7000. (I need to sell something at some point).

Sadly I let mine go a short while back to purchase a Speedy, which as much as I love it I can't help but wish I still had the 301

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Dyon868 likes this.

I really like the 40mm supermarines and am glad Bremont are shrinking their case sizes.

I purchased s300bk and let it go a few months later , for me the lugs seemed odd and out of proportion to the case , and I just couldn't love the dial . Its a shame because I love Bremont as a brand, and as I said prefer smaller case sizes . IMO it was a great first effort at that size but just wasn't quite there for me ( and with others in my collection fighting for wrist time I had to let it go )

I think the 301 has more character too , had I gone with this over the 300bk it may have lasted longer

Thoughts compared to the Tudor black bay? Quality, price, features, etc?
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Thoughts compared to the Tudor black bay? Quality, price, features, etc?
    I just bought an S300, which is essentially the S301, but with Arabic Numeral indices.

I am a Bremont fanboy, and I love my 300. I happen to think Bremont's entire line-up is quite handsome. They do not make a single unattractive watch.

To be honest, Black Bays are a better value proposition that either the S300/301. The MSRP for a BB 58 on a strap is $3,250, the S301 is $4,095.

The one advantage the Bremont has, a least for me, is a date window, which, to many other folks, is not an advantage at all. But I am very OCD about that, my watches have to tell the time and date (naturally, I own a no-date Stowa).

Both are COSC certified. The Tudor has a better power reserve, 70 hours to approx 50. The BB has a WR of 200m, the S301 at 300m. Not a huge fan of the Tudor snowflake hands, I find them ugly, but they are something very distinctly Tudor. I like the S301 sizing better at 40mm, but, of course, YMMV. I do like the S301 dial color very much -- the matte black dial and bezel are almost a dark chocolate color, and it pairs very well with the faux-aged indices and lume. The Bremont caseback is engraved, it is very well done. I don't have a distinct memory of caseback engraving and the Tudor, but I could be wrong.

I think overall quality is equal. Both are very solid watches. I have never owned a Tudor, but i have fondled more than a few. I think that BBs are a little heavier on the wrist, but I could be wrong.
    41Mets and Buschyfor3 like this.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001
    Bremont Solo/PB 43
    Bremont Supermarine S300/BR Black
    Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic Chronograph Blue Panda
    Citizen Skyhawk U600

Quote Originally Posted by Independent George View Post
    I just bought an S300, which is essentially the S301, but with Arabic Numeral indices.

I am a Bremont fanboy, and I love my 300. I happen to think Bremont's entire line-up is quite handsome. They do not make a single unattractive watch.

To be honest, Black Bays are a better value proposition that either the S300/301. The MSRP for a BB 58 on a strap is $3,250, the S301 is $4,095.

The one advantage the Bremont has, a least for me, is a date window, which, to many other folks, is not an advantage at all. But I am very OCD about that, my watches have to tell the time and date (naturally, I own a no-date Stowa).

Both are COSC certified. The Tudor has a better power reserve, 70 hours to approx 50. The BB has a WR of 200m, the S301 at 300m. Not a huge fan of the Tudor snowflake hands, I find them ugly, but they are something very distinctly Tudor. I like the S301 sizing better at 40mm, but, of course, YMMV. I do like the S301 dial color very much -- the matte black dial and bezel are almost a dark chocolate color, and it pairs very well with the faux-aged indices and lume. The Bremont caseback is engraved, it is very well done. I don't have a distinct memory of caseback engraving and the Tudor, but I could be wrong.

I think overall quality is equal. Both are very solid watches. I have never owned a Tudor, but i have fondled more than a few. I think that BBs are a little heavier on the wrist, but I could be wrong.
    Thank you! I think I would need to handle one in person, but my general sense after talking with a bunch of people is that maybe it's price to little high for what you're getting. Thank you for your feedback!
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Thank you! I think I would need to handle one in person, but my general sense after talking with a bunch of people is that maybe it's price to little high for what you're getting. Thank you for your feedback!
    You can always haggle. My AD told me that Bremont has increased their margins a little bit, allowing for ADs to give better discounts to customers they like. And it's also the end of the year, they want to blow out stock.

The thing is, I paid less for my S300 on a bracelet that I would have for a BB41 on a bracelet, even though the BB41 MSRP is $1,000 less. In LA, my local Tudor dealers are connected to Rolex dealers, and AD's pick up business when someone comes in for a steel Sub and finds the display case empty. The Tudor AD would not budge on a BB41, didn't have any BB58s in stock but could set me up with one for over MSRP, wink wink, nudge nudge.

At the same time, I read forums posts that say only suckers pay full MSRP for a Tudor.

As I said before, I think the quality is equal, but I would give the Bremont an edge in overall quality because of slightly better case finishing, dial detail, better fit, and a little lighter weight. And those hands on the Tudor, ugh. I find BBs a little raw, but also a very, very solid watch. Bremont's are a little more refined. But again, YMMV. I am a Bremont fanboy, after all. But as for value, the edge goes the Tudor.
    Name:  Bremont S300.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  2.04 MB
    41Mets and Unsolved_Mistry like this.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001
    Bremont Solo/PB 43
    Bremont Supermarine S300/BR Black
    Maurice Lacroix Aikon Automatic Chronograph Blue Panda
    Citizen Skyhawk U600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information